LaunchBox Community Forums

Multiple monitors in MAME

DOS76

Okay I was doing a little fiddling with MAME to day and during this time I decided I wanted to have all of my Vertical games display on my vertical monitor and all the other games on my horizontal monitor which I knew was possible from using MAMEUI and MAMEUIFX which both have this feature but I wanted to figure out how to get it to work in stand alone MAME and I finally did thanks to this website and ingenuity. Since the website showed me it was possible but didn't show me how to achieve the goal I went with a hunch that if i renamed the MAME.ini file to VERTICAL.ini and changed the setting under OSD PER-WINDOW VIDEO OPTIONS>screen and set its value to \\.\DISPLAY2 (its DISPLAY2 in my case yours could be different depending on your circumstances) Also I'm not sure if the file needs to be in caps or not but that was how the page showed it and that is how I named it I do know for a fact though that the DISPLAY text is definitely case sensitive and must be capitalized to work. Hopefully someone else with Multiple monitors will get some use out of this as it is a pretty nice feature.

• 10 months later...

Hello,

I know it has been a while since this was posted. Care to go in more detail? I am needing this exact setup for my cabinet. It sounds like you have it set to just run the verticals on one monitor and the others on a different? Please let me know anymore info if at all possible. Thanks!!!

If you have a file in the root of your MAME folder named mame.ini make a copy of this file and name it Vertical.ini then look for the line in the file that says OSD PER-WINDOW VIDEO OPTIONS>screen and set its value to \\.\DISPLAY2 (It could be 1 instead of 2 depending on which screen is which on your setup).

Edited by DOS76

• 3 years later...