LaunchBox Community Forums

Emulator AutoHotKey Script Run before Loading Emulator?

phaeren12

I have written an AutoHotKey Script to open an image of my controller-keyboard layout for each of my emulators. The way it works right now, it opens the image when the emulator starts, opens for 15 sec., then closes, and goes back into the game. This works well enough, but what I'd like to know is, is there a way to have the emulator wait until the script exits?

I've noticed that I can do this with each individual game. If I add it as an additional program, I can have the main application (the emulator) wait until the additional application exits ( compiled AutoHotKey Script). And while I could do this for each individual game there is no way to bulk add an additional app for all game for a given console. As you can imagine, this could be very time consuming to do with each individual game, especially if you have say every game for that given system.

My reason for wanting the emulator to wait is so that you don't miss the start up for each game, which I feel takes away a little bit of the experience. So if anyone has any ideas on how to implement this at the emulator level instead of at the ROM level, I'd really appreciate it.