LaunchBox Community Forums

How do you delete a PlayList?

CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

Title.

Decided to play around with the new feature, but decided I don't really want to use it. I made a PlayList called Arcade Classics and now I can't get rid of it. If I go to manage platforms in LB and choose to delete the Arcade Classics Playlist, it doesn't actually delete it (tried restarting LB and it's still there). Because I still had my Arcade platform category, I decided to just select all of the games in Arcade Classics and delete them that way, which worked, but it also deleted all of those games from the Arcade category too... so I had to re-import everything, which is already annoying because I had manually input a lot of the meta data and now I'll have to do it all again, but it also re-populate the Arcade Classics PlayList after re-importing them... BAH! Now I have this platform category in both LB and BB that I can't get rid of.

Actually, it is in the UI.

In LB, if you change your list view to PlayList, you can right-click the PlayList and choose delete. This will remove it and NOT delete the entries for the platform those games are associated with. Figured this out after posting... and after deleting my Arcade category.... Egads. Thanks for the other suggestions!

Untitled.png

Edited by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 6 years later...