LaunchBox Community Forums

Bedwyr

I noticed that neither Emumovies or the games database has manuals for the GB Advance. While minor, I thought it odd. I looked on ReplacementDocs and saw that they had many of the library's manuals, though I'm not sure if the content is supposed to be black and white with color cover (at least for the Advance Wars manual I downloaded). Is there a story there or is the platform just behind in getting fully kitted out within the community?

This was when manuals started getting lazy, before the super lazy they're at now. I have no idea EmuMovies plans or ideas for a console. Either the manuals are up in the premium members only area, because Circo was saying there is a bunch of stuff in there that isn't up on the site yet. If it's in that member area, I don't know if it's available on the API either, but I doubt it. It'd probably need to be on the site before it hits the API. If ReplacementDocs, or anyone else who has manuals, is ok with sharing their content then you could alsways talk to Circo about uploading them to their server for them, help them out. The LaunchBox Games Database doesn't deal with Manuals at all. Actually, we don't deal with music, manuals or video. That could change one day, but out of respect for our partnership with EM, we're not currently looking in to it.

I'm a platinum member of EmuMovies and have ftp access. I haven't seen anything, but the upload folder is a bit scattered with member names everywhere.

EmuMovies has manual sets of most of the other Nintendo consoles of the era, that's what was so odd. Just one big hole in the media. If I get a chance I might see about pulling a set from ReplacementDocs, though again I think the manuals were full color and not BW.

Some GBA were, some weren't. If you can find the manual from elsewhere and check, that would help. I recall a manual project being upped somewhere, let me see if I can find it and double check. If it wasn't devved by Nintendo, then there is a chance they could have made it black and white a lot sooner. That was around the generation where they started getting lazy. 360 and PS3 took that a step further. Near the end of that, start of this one, now it's just a sheet, mostly an ad for other games from that dev or publisher, safety info (which also printed on the back of the artwork in some cases), and a link to the online manual. The art of manuals is a joke now. xD