LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Crashes when exiting SNES and PS2 games

flavad99

It seems like about 50% of the time when I exit a game from PS2 (PCSX2 emulator) or the SNES (SNES9x), not only do I exit the game, but it also hides Launchbox and shows my desktop.  However, Launchbox is still running.  I tried some other systems / emulators like Dolphin and Nestopia but those work perfectly fine.  

Previous versions of Launchbox haven't had this issue - I last update about a week and half ago.

Thanks,

Dave

@SentaiBrad Is there any sort of ticket open for this issue that you know of? I ask because the thread right above this one is essentially the same thing. I noticed this issue myself, however LB/BB doesn't crash for me so much as it just refuses to do anything. A couple of individuals were involved in that thread saying similar things.

This is less of an issue for me as I have an existing software workaround, but at this point I'd hate to keep telling everyone who has automation issues to buy controller companion as I'm going to feel like I'm shilling for them lol. Another commonality I see is PCSX2 being involved. Again, I've been using my workaround for a while, but I'm tempted to try to enable automation in this current release and see if I can duplicate the crash. Might be worth taking a look at if there are logs or something we can share.

Actually, this may not have to do with automation at all. @flavad99 are you just hitting the escape key on a keyboard, or is this happening using the Launchbox controller automation? Try as I might (And I'm currently trying a lot) I can't get get the front end to actually crash. Granted the automation isn't closing the emulator for me either.

This was the controller shortcut. Lb is currently in an arcade cabinet in my setup   I saw the other guys thread and figured it was different enough to warrant a new thread.   thanks for your insight guys, I ran about ten tests w each emulator after implementing the fix, will let u know if I run into any issues

@flavad99 I wasn't griping that you opened a new thread, I hope you didn't see it as that. I was just pointing out to Brad that this is starting to look like a legitimate bug of some sort.  What fix are you referring to though? Some people are downgrading to previous versions of the front end (which I really can't recommend) some are using 3rd party solutions and some are probably just waiting for a fix haha. Also, since it's in a cabinet (and my gut says this is probably not important) are you using arcade controls as opposed to an Xbox controller or something similar?

Sorry - didn't mean to imply that you were griping.

Basically, all I did was go into launchbox, click manage emulators, and remove the default script from the auto hotkey tab.  

I am using arcade controls with an encoder.  Basically, I am just trying to keep it from crashing when guests play it.

Think I've got it functioning properly now (knock on wood).  Love the product so far.