LaunchBox Community Forums

HOW to extraxt these .001 file types???

Emulation_Guru

There is tons of info about this, but I've never joined them back together. Generally, there will be .001, .002 like Spycat said, so you'll need all of the parts of the archive. Right click the first one and extract. They should be named the same thing also (I recall that being a key). I don't know why they have .7z in there, cause the owner originally split the 7z archive? Either way, rename the parts of their name before .7z.001 and .7.002 to the same thing, make sure you have all the parts, and try again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SentaiBrad said:

There is tons of info about this, but I've never joined them back together. Generally, there will be .001, .002 like Spycat said, so you'll need all of the parts of the archive. Right click the first one and extract. They should be named the same thing also (I recall that being a key). I don't know why they have .7z in there, cause the owner originally split the 7z archive? Either way, rename the parts of their name before .7z.001 and .7.002 to the same thing, make sure you have all the parts, and try again.

ok i downloaded last part yet still this will not open and i can bank the source I use it 98% of time for roms etc... there has never ever been a file i couldn't open...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

complete.jpg

Quite often the first file could just be .7z then 7z.001 etc, you absolutely should not have to be manually joining the files. Are you sure you're not missing parts? Also it could be possible the files are corrupt.

All the parts (apart from the last one) should be identical in size.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belgarath said:

Quite often the first file could just be .7z then 7z.001 etc, you absolutely should not have to be manually joining the files. Are you sure you're not missing parts? Also it could be possible the files are corrupt.

All the parts (apart from the last one) should be identical in size.

yeah I am dead sure no files are misisng i do this thousands of times a day... I joined them with 7zip and with hjsplit and error with hjsplit file and 7zip file just extracts a folder with the original 3 files i just joined... ugh just might have to go another rought for amiga cd32 roms

Edited by RetroGaming