LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing WIIU loadline/RPX

sognen

Yes, which I covered in the Wii U tutorial a while back. Use the search for files import option, then go to the root folder, and search for the prx file extension by entering "*.prx". This will filter out all  PRX files, then on the second to last screen, check the box to use the folder name. When I did it, it used the actual game folder name just fine.

Hi,

The approach you described is how I would normally add game titles, but WiiU loadline is a little bit different than other system in that the RPX file is found in a subfolder under the gametitle folder. So, typically you would have a folder structure that looks something like this:

..\Game Title [id]\code\game.rpx  -- every game has the  subfolder code which contains the rpx file.

If the folder option is selected, every game will have the suggested game title "code" which will leave you with the tedious task of manually naming all game titles. 

Is there a better or smarter way to do this?

Cato

Hi,

I think in your case it picked up the zelda which was the name of the rpx file. Unfornuately, I believe most games have slightly more cryptic names and sometimes the same filename is used across various titles which may rule out the possibility of using the game database to find the game title (if that ever was a viable option).

I know you guys are working on a lot of stuff, and that is much appreciated. How would I go about to log this as a enhancement request?

Cato

You know, that may be correct, but I recall the full name being there. As a work around, you can import multiple files and double click their names on the last screen to at the very lest change them all at once. Otherwise, you can make your request by clicking Issues/Requests at the top of the forums.

Hi,

Thanks, I have added it as a enhancement request.

For others facing the same problems, the easiest and somewhat dirty workaround is to rename the rpx file to the name of the title and import rpx file. To do this I quickly put together a script that looks for rpx files, postfixes .orignal to the orignal rpx file and create a copy of the original name and names it the same name game title, i.e., to folders up.  Hate doing stuff like this, but it was that or spending hours manually entering the game title.  At last with this approach I could always revert back to the original file name if wanted. Happy to share the script if anyone needs it.

Best Regards,

Cato

Depending on how many you have, when you go to import the files in a batch, on the last screen you can double click their names and rename them. Granted, it's still not the solution (which would be to account for this in LB instead), but it's faster then needing to edit and download for each individual game.

• 9 months later...
On 3/6/2017 at 11:36 PM, sognen said:

Hi,

Thanks, I have added it as a enhancement request.

For others facing the same problems, the easiest and somewhat dirty workaround is to rename the rpx file to the name of the title and import rpx file. To do this I quickly put together a script that looks for rpx files, postfixes .orignal to the orignal rpx file and create a copy of the original name and names it the same name game title, i.e., to folders up.  Hate doing stuff like this, but it was that or spending hours manually entering the game title.  At last with this approach I could always revert back to the original file name if wanted. Happy to share the script if anyone needs it.

Best Regards,

Cato

Id be interested in this script :) 

• 1 year later...