LaunchBox Community Forums

Unrelated to Launchbox, proper area to report EmuMovie video issues?

LogicalEgo

I have posted various post on EmuMovies and nothing ever gets replied or checked on when it comes to quality control. I keep coming across videos either playing with a black screen but has sound or the video is upside down. Ikari Warriors, Mame for example is a black screen. Mario Kart Wii U is upside down, Mario Party 9 same thing. Lots of PS2 videos are also upside down. What is the correct channel or who to report this issues to. The emumovie forums are a mess and I feel like they never ever get addressed. I have posted these issues in both the video snap discussion forums and general over at emumovies.

Edited by keltoigael

On 05/03/2017 at 1:47 AM, keltoigael said:

I have posted various post on EmuMovies and nothing ever gets replied or checked on when it comes to quality control. I keep coming across videos either playing with a black screen but has sound or the video is upside down. Ikari Warriors, Mame for example is a black screen. Mario Kart Wii U is upside down, Mario Party 9 same thing. Lots of PS2 videos are also upside down. What is the correct channel or who to report this issues to. The emumovie forums are a mess and I feel like they never ever get addressed. I have posted these issues in both the video snap discussion forums and general over at emumovies.

Exactly which Ikari Warriors video is upside down? All of mine are ok and i got them all from EmuMovies....

Sounds like this is more of a problem with your player than the videos themselves.

I use both WMP and VLC depending on my mood. For poos and giggles I downloaded the Low Quality Ikari Warriors via Arcade/Mame. The video file will in fact play back correctly. You can also tell just by the thumbnail pictured below, most commonly if the video plays back it will generate a snap of the vid file for a thumbnail. Now lets do the same for High Quality. See how the thumbnail does not generate a picture? This means it has not been rendered correctly. We could also do the same with other troublesome video files like Mario Kart Wii and Mario Party 9. See how these appear in the thumbnail upside down? That means, you guessed it. It was rendered upside down. I would like to say that yes it's my machine but looking at the facts, it isnt. If you want to go even further. I have tested this on 6 different computers via the EmuMovies sync tool, Launchbox media download and Hyperspin Hyper Sync. All the same issue across the board.

I will even go as far as attaching two examples.

Desktop 03.06.2017 - 16.44.08.01.png

Desktop 03.06.2017 - 16.46.51.02.png

Desktop 03.06.2017 - 16.49.39.03.png

Examples.zip

35 minutes ago, keltoigael said:

I use both WMP and VLC depending on my mood. For poos and giggles I downloaded the Low Quality Ikari Warriors via Arcade/Mame. The video file will in fact play back correctly. You can also tell just by the thumbnail pictured below, most commonly if the video plays back it will generate a snap of the vid file for a thumbnail. Now lets do the same for High Quality. See how the thumbnail does not generate a picture? This means it has not been rendered correctly. We could also do the same with other troublesome video files like Mario Kart Wii and Mario Party 9. See how these appear in the thumbnail upside down? That means, you guessed it. It was rendered upside down. I would like to say that yes it's my machine but looking at the facts, it isnt. If you want to go even further. I have tested this on 6 different computers via the EmuMovies sync tool, Launchbox media download and Hyperspin Hyper Sync. All the same issue across the board.

I will even go as far as attaching two examples.

Desktop 03.06.2017 - 16.44.08.01.png

Desktop 03.06.2017 - 16.46.51.02.png

Desktop 03.06.2017 - 16.49.39.03.png

Examples.zip

Right then, i downloaded your examples.zip, the Ikari Warriors vid is fine but Mario Kart is indeed upside down.

I have just dwonload the Mario Kart one direct from FTP and yes it is upside down...... So i guess the problem lies with the original file on the server, not only is it upside down but it mirror image too.

It seems youve stumbled across somethin quite major here as ive just checked my Hyperspin install from a while back and theres a large chunk of the Wii videos that are rendered upside down/mirrored......  Its time to report this on EmuMovies i guess :)

Edited by nikeymikey

1 minute ago, nikeymikey said:

Right then, i downloaded your examples.zip, the Ikari Warriors vid is fine but Mario Kart is indeed upside down.

I have just dwonload the Mario Kart one direct from FTP and yes it is upside down...... So i guess the problem lies with the original file on the server, not only is it upside down but it mirror image too.

It seems youve stumbled across somethin quite major here as ive just checked my Hyperspin install from a while back and theres a large chunk of the Wii videos that are rendered upside down/mirrored......  Its time to report this on EmuMovies i guess :)

PS2 is also affected by this. My PS2 collection is not that large but I do have about 10-12 videos upside down. Maybe I should update my codecs for the black vid issue. Are you using k-lite or CCCP?

• 4 weeks later...