LaunchBox Community Forums

Rom Custom Config Issue

Retro808

Need some help. I cannot figure out why when I edit a Rom to have it load a custom config in Retroarch the game will not load. 

Needing to set a few games in WonderSwan to the 90 degree video rotate. Followed the LB tutorial on WonderSwan since it specifically tells how to do this. 

I know the command line parameter works because I tested using it to edit the emulator from the Manage Emulator area and WonderSwan loads this for all games. But if I copy it, delete it from there and then copy it directly into the Emulators tab of the Game Edit the game will not even load. Delete it and the game loads. So it cannot be a typo. The specific config is represented in the configs folder in the Retroarch proper path. 

I have tested other games and no luck. I have even tried a clean install of RetroArch from the most recent nightly and nothing. 

Rom_Custom_Config.PNG

No, it didn't really change, I never use -C from there, just noted that it could work. I actually didn't know -L was needed again, I figured doubling up would crash RetroArch loading actually. Unless you removed -L from the associated platforms box, then yea -L is needed first.

@SentaiBrad @prolecat @Crush Thanks for sharing your knowledge. 

I just have to say this frontend, the LaunchBox team, and the forum members have given me a fresh new love of emulating. I had stopped messing with my machine due to the frustrations of how much a struggle it was to get it the way I wanted. Then boom...Along come Launch Box/Big Box and those awesome tutorials. 

I honestly cannot thank everyone enough. 

• Like 2