LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox + FS-UAE Amiga 1080P Testplay

refreshTM

LaunchBox and Amiga test run with the new FS-UAE 2.8.3 Emulator.
Games, Demoscene and CD32

the emulator works great now also with Amiga CD32 games.
I had to uncompress CD 32 Iso's to their own folder to get theme to be properly
launched from LaunchBox. I may do a short tutorial on how to best do the Amiga CD32 import in LaunchBox with FS-UAE

Using "FutureState" theme. Love it :) Thumbs up for @Hexxxer for his greate work on this

And have a look at this Tutorial by @Zombeaver he explaine pretty easy how to get amiga games to work in LaunchBox.

Edited by refreshTM
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, refreshTM said:

After more testing with FS-UAE i found some graphical settings better than those i used in this video.
I will share this with u in another YT video in how to setup FS-UAE the best way..  

You may want to check this out if you haven't already:

• Like 1

Just now, refreshTM said:

Greate. C64 emulation is something i did put away sometime ago, coz the controller setup was a pain i the A**.

What was the issue you had with controller setup if I may ask? I might as well make sure it's something I cover in the tutorial.

The C64 joystick itself was just one-button so there isn't much to configure there unless you're talking about mapping additional things like space, enter, etc. to buttons on a controller. I actually use AHK for that. In addition to the fire button, I map space, enter, escape, y, n, alt+f4, and the UI display to my controller via AHK.

There's also the issue that the joystick port used by each game isn't exactly consistent. Most games use port 2 but some will require you to switch it to port 1 (which can be done quickly via Alt+F10 in CCS64).

Just now, Zombeaver said:

What was the issue you had with controller setup if I may ask? I might as well make sure it's something I cover in the tutorial.

The C64 joystick itself was just one-button so there isn't much to configure there unless you're talking about mapping additional things like space, enter, etc. to buttons on a controller. I actually use AHK for that. In addition to the fire button, I map space, enter, escape, y, n, alt+f4, and the UI display to my controller via AHK.

There's also the issue that the joystick port used by each game isn't exactly consistent. Most games use port 2 but some will require you to switch it to port 1 (which can be done quickly via Alt+F10 in CCS64).

The problem wasn't the controller itself, but binding all the different keys all games use. It seems like no game uses the same keys in game i used "antimicro" to help bind all this key combos, but on the way i gave up. Hope u can sort this out for your next Video :)

Well there are limits on how much you can map to a controller... you're just not going to be able to account for every single situation with one generic setup for your controller. The handful of mappings I mentioned will get you a long way, but at the end of the day a keyboard is always going to be necessary unless you get into creating individual AHK scripts for specific games (which is certainly an option). Fire, space, enter, escape (runstop), y, and n will take care of a lot of games but there are also going to be instances where you have to use the F-keys/numbers/specific letters, depending on the game. There are only so many buttons on a controller :/

You could use per-game AHK scripts to tailor your bindings to specific games, but obviously that requires some more work.

• Like 1