LaunchBox Community Forums

Consolidated games stopped showing up

Neofuuma

Using 7.7, I had successfully consolidated all of my roms to where they would show up with the right click. This worked for several days until I noticed today, that right click is no longer showing any of them. I checked multiple platforms, and all are the same way. To my knowledge, the only thing I have done recently in LB aside from playing games is import in my MAME arcade sets, using the Lightspeed program.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Hi @Neofuuma, ugh, that doesn't sound good at all, sorry to hear. The next step would be to examine your data XML files to see if all the versions are still there under Additional Apps. If you can zip up and post your LaunchBox\Data folder here, I can check it out.

It's possible that that Lightspeed somehow messed up the additional apps, but I certainly hope not; I would have though we'd have received a lot more reports if that were the case. Still, let's examine your data files.

Thanks @Jason Carr here's my data folder.

Data.zip

I was able to get them back showing up by replacing the xml files with xml files from the backup folder, so right now all seems good again. It may have been operator error on my part somehow, but maybe you can find something in them.

I did peek into the Turbografx xml file and tried to locate the game "Coryoon - Child of Dragon (Japan), along with it's alt version. Found the original Rom, but not any data about the alt version.

Okay, well that confirms that somehow the additional applications were removed from the XML then. So the question then becomes how. It does sound like it was probably caused by Lightspeed if that was the only thing you had done in the mean time, especially since no one else has ever reported it as an issue.

@Antropus, I certainly don't mean to call you out here by an means, but is there any chance that Lightspeed could have removed additional applications from the XML?

@Jason Carr @Antropus I realized something just a bit ago that may pinpoint this down further.

I remember now that after I used Lightspeed to import my arcade collection, I had gotten an error when I started LB up that my gameboy xml file had become corrupt. So I replaced all of the xml files for each platform. But the files I replaced them with came from the backup folder that Lightspeed creates.

I went into that folder earlier and looked through the xml file that Lightspeed created on 03-09-17 for my Turbografx 16 platform, using Coryoon - Child of Dragon as my search. Indeed, it does not show any data about additional applications, whereas the LB backup file with the backup date of 02-18-17 does have the correct additional applications data.

I can post the xml files that I compared in the morning, if either of you need them.

• Like 1

@Jason Carr, nah, feel free to call me out any time! I am the one hacking into your files, man ;)

It's very possible that Lightsped did it since it's a new feature not fully tested. I believe my work in progress version already addressed that issue, but it's in development now.

For now just make sure to backup things, especially if merging with existing libraries!

Fix will come, together with new features and possibly new bugs :)

• Like 1

And guys, any problem happening after using Lightspeed, please don't bother Jason! Bring it to my attention first and only ask Jason if after further examination it is indeed Launchbox related. This is a sideload app and Jason has no responsibility fixing any mess created by it! It's a beta and it might break things before we get it nice and stable. Thanks for testing!!! 

Edited by Antropus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Antropus said:

And guys, any problem happening after using Lightspeed, please don't bother Jason! Bring it to my attention first and only ask Jason if after further examination it is indeed Launchbox related. This is a sideload app and Jason has no redponsability fixing any mess created by it. It's a beta and it might break things before we get it nice and stable. Thanks for testing!!! 

@AntropusYeah had I thought about it a little longer before my original post, I would have just put it in the Lightspeed thread. In my old age my memory gets fuzzy :)

• Like 1