LaunchBox Community Forums

Control Second Monitor??

craiganderson

On 3/17/2017 at 7:24 PM, SentaiBrad said:

LaunchBox doesn't, but Big Box does. The Marquee stuff is really flexible in that regard. I think someone would need to make a theme to really take advantage of it, but I'm not sure anyone has.

Thanks again. Where would I find info on how to set up the second monitor to display controller setup? thanks in advance....

Well the Marquee stuff isn't set up like that. The Marquee feature can do some cool things out of the box, but not this specifically. Someone would have to build on those functions in a theme more than likely. I know Jason designed the Marquee to be flexible, so you might be able to do it as is with images, but there isn't a direct way to do this. In LaunchBox you could use additional apps to load an image before booting your game, but that's also not exactly what you're after.

On March 19, 2017 at 0:58 AM, craiganderson said:

What about in big box? Thanks

What @SentaiBrad mentioned is the capabilities are there to show a controller type image on a second (marquee) display but it is something someone who can make a theme for BigBox would need to have the theme specifically dictate that the controller image be displayed on the second screen.

Right now most themes will display an image on a second screen but it is typically an image from the /banners folder in either the platform or game images.  Example in a theme you are on the platform level and have a second screen it will choose the platform image to display there located in the /launchbox/images/platforms/<system name>/banners folder. Or if you are on a game level screen it will show the games specific banner located in its related banner folder. 

At least I hope I understand what I am seeing on my set-up :D

Check out this thread too:

Controller Mapping Launch Image

Edited by Retro808
  • Like 1