LaunchBox Community Forums

Launching games from bigbox with tridef?

Pyrometheous

So, I have both Nvidia's 3DTV, and Tridef 3D, because some games look better in one than the other. Spec Ops the line is a good example. Is there a way you can have bigbox launch a specific title with Tridef? Ordinarily you'd need to launch the game from Tridef Ignition, where 3DTV just requires you to put in a quick key combo (I set mine to Ctrl + T). Might be a dumb question, but this is the noob area so I thought I'd give it a go.

Another dumb question, I've been messing around with command line parameters, and I can't get it to work. Do you have an example as to what I need to do by chance?

EDIT: I'm derptastic tonight. So I created a shortcut using the command line from that other thread, and it doesn't work, so I'm back to square one trying to find a command that'll work.

Edited by Pyrometheous

Here is an example of using a custom command parameter. I am using Retroarch and the BSNes core for my Snes MSU games but certain games need to use the Snes9x core because of no .bml file.

Click the use custom command line parameter and then enter the parameter in the box below that.

2017-03-19 02_56_51-Edit Game.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've done quite a bit of experimenting and also updated Tridef3D to a newer version, however I'm still running into the issue. Supposedly you can right click on a game and create a shortcut, which I've done, an example of the shortcut is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\TriDef 3D\TriDef\TriDefIgnition\TriDefIgnition.exe" -a "Spec Ops: The Line". This will not work at all for some reason. I can launch the game from tridef ignition fine, but from the shortcut the "-a" argument just prevents anything from launching at all. I've tried the command line argument in launchbox, threw an error on me and launchbox wouldn't startup again until I re-made the "C:\Users\username\LaunchBox\Data\Platforms\3D PC.xml". So, I'm a bit stuck at this point. I feel like TridefIgnition has this feature built into it, but it doesn't want to work correctly with it for some reason. Would you have any other suggestions by chance?