LaunchBox Community Forums

Shared assets

AxlSR

Hey guys, a noob here, and I hope this won't be the last question... or yes maybe lol

I recently stumbled upon Launchbox and it's a really nice piece of software,  I'm impressed by it! Last night I gave it a quick try to have it with Retroarch running and it's surprisingly easy to configure, I think it's one of those software that I will have on startup!

Anyway, sometimes at the office I have a lot of free time (I'm on my free time, actually) and I was thinking I should look for stuff for my Launchbox setup, so I thought about getting the assets for a couple of romsets I have while I'm in here. My original plan was to configure a Launchbox here at my office with all the boxarts and movies, and then bring all of that to my home PC, however, I don't have a clue if this would work, specially because my office runs Mac and I run PC on my home. So I wanted to ask if it's possible to do such thing? I would use the same romsets on both equipments.

Thanks in advance!

7 minutes ago, AxlSR said:

Hey guys, a noob here, and I hope this won't be the last question... or yes maybe lol

I recently stumbled upon Launchbox and it's a really nice piece of software,  I'm impressed by it! Last night I gave it a quick try to have it with Retroarch running and it's surprisingly easy to configure, I think it's one of those software that I will have on startup!

Anyway, sometimes at the office I have a lot of free time (I'm on my free time, actually) and I was thinking I should look for stuff for my Launchbox setup, so I thought about getting the assets for a couple of romsets I have while I'm in here. My original plan was to configure a Launchbox here at my office with all the boxarts and movies, and then bring all of that to my home PC, however, I don't have a clue if this would work, specially because my office runs Mac and I run PC on my home. So I wanted to ask if it's possible to do such thing? I would use the same romsets on both equipments.

Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome to the community. Unfortunately lunchbox is windows only, so what you are asking is not possible. If your work pc was windows however......

Or if you could sneak bootcamp on to it..........

6 minutes ago, AxlSR said:

Oh really? Well that's weird... I could have swear it was crossplatform... I think I'm confused... But just for the sake of information, is it possible to do it between different PCs?

Yes launchbox is windows only. In regards to between different pc's yes absolutely, the images and videos are simply stored in folders called images, and videos, so you can just copy and paste them to another installation and they "should just work". Hope that helps, any further questions just ask.