LaunchBox Community Forums

FS-UAE Launcher WHD LOAD does not scan all AMIGA roms?

Zeaede

I have followed this turtorial

I have followed the steps from 13:40 to 17 min

When i done the scan of roms i don't see some of my roms you can see in the video?

17:04 in you see list of games, one is Airball, i don't see it on my list but i see it in my folder?

Dunno what i do wrong here not complete all roms? With rocketlauncher all roms are green following hyperspin xml names on roms

When i do the scan i see it go through all roms tho

Edited by Zeaede
edit

Your files have to match the checksum for one of the versions of the game that it looks for. If it doesn't, it won't be imported on the scan. In some cases you'll need to create your own configs for these as I go over in the video.

Something else to consider is that if you're using WHDLoad games, you need to make sure you're only trying to import games with compression that's one level deep. .iha is a compressed archive format just like zip; it just so happens to be used for some WHDLoad Amiga games. Because FS-UAE can only read compression one level deep, you can have 1) a .zip that contains a game folder plus a game.info file (this is the format that KillerGorilla uses) or 2) you can have an .iha file. You cannot have an .iha in a .zip (an archive within an archive). If you have zips that contain .iha files, just extract the .iha files and they'll work just fine. If you have zips that contain a game folder and a game.info file those will work just fine as is.

WHDLoad Zip.jpg

2 hours ago, Turnster said:

Hi, on another note, can anyone help me with multiple disc loading? After loading disc 1 of Flashback it says insert Disc 2?   How do I make it auto load please?  

Cheers. 

It doesn't "auto-load" if you're using a multi-disk floppy format (like ADF). You have to first specifying the disks in the swapper (if you scan them into your FS-UAE library and they're recognized, the swapper should populate automatically for them, if not you'll have to add them manually) and then when you're in-game pull up the UI, go to "removable media", and change the disk. I go over how to do this at 37:30 in the video.

It should be noted that a few WHDLoad games will actually prompt you to change the disk, but for those you can just press the fire button when the prompt appears and it should continue as normal.

• Like 1

No problem! If you haven't seen the video at all I'd recommend watching the whole thing; that particular section just addresses your specific question.

I would also encourage you to try out WHDLoad format games rather than individual floppy image format - it's simpler, more convenient, and you'll have significantly faster load times.

• Like 1

On 2017-03-22 at 1:57 PM, Zombeaver said:

Your files have to match the checksum for one of the versions of the game that it looks for. If it doesn't, it won't be imported on the scan. In some cases you'll need to create your own configs for these as I go over in the video.

Something else to consider is that if you're using WHDLoad games, you need to make sure you're only trying to import games with compression that's one level deep. .iha is a compressed archive format just like zip; it just so happens to be used for some WHDLoad Amiga games. Because FS-UAE can only read compression one level deep, you can have 1) a .zip that contains a game folder plus a game.info file (this is the format that KillerGorilla uses) or 2) you can have an .iha file. You cannot have an .iha in a .zip (an archive within an archive). If you have zips that contain .iha files, just extract the .iha files and they'll work just fine. If you have zips that contain a game folder and a game.info file those will work just fine as is.

WHDLoad Zip.jpg

Another question

With the update of another set of WMA roms i noticed i still are missing some roms after scanning

Example for the category # i have 27 roms but only 18 are been seen

Like hyperspin xml rename roms is there some rename tools for WHD to match openretro database?

Edited by Zeaede

6 hours ago, Zeaede said:

Another question

With the update of another set of WMA roms i noticed i still are missing some roms after scanning

Example for the category # i have 27 roms but only 18 are been seen

Like hyperspin xml rename roms is there some rename tools for WHD to match openretro database?

It doesn't actually match based on filename - it matches based on checksum. So the files themselves can actually named anything so long as the checksum matches; this means that renaming your files isn't going to fix your issue. Have you tried looking up the individual games that aren't appearing on OpenRetro to see if they're there and "published"?

Worst case scenario you could create custom configs for them as I go over in the video.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-03-22 at 1:57 PM, Zombeaver said:

WHDLoad Zip.jpg

I have tried some different packs of whdload sets same results, I have now tried a set of IPF

https://openretro.org/amiga/3d-world-boxing

But it wount find this game 3d world boxing but i know it is there

So i don't know what im doing wrong FS scan only finds some games but other it dosent after scan

And i don't know how to make the mismatch rom to the checksum create my own configs

There's only one variant listed in openretro, and it's an ADF version (which is why it's not finding yours):

https://openretro.org/amiga/3d-world-boxing/edit#bce5a6e7-3d90-5975-82bf-7169bec6d7cb

You can grab the ADF version, submit the version you have to openretro, or you can make your own config. As I said, I go over how to create your own config in the video.

WHDLoad custom config creation

ADF custom config creation

5 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

There's only one variant listed in openretro, and it's an ADF version (which is why it's not finding yours):

https://openretro.org/amiga/3d-world-boxing/edit#bce5a6e7-3d90-5975-82bf-7169bec6d7cb

You can grab the ADF version, submit the version you have to openretro, or you can make your own config. As I said, I go over how to create your own config in the video.

WHDLoad custom config creation

ADF custom config creation

That make sense, 14 min in your video thought whdload was the deal all time also making it easier not swap discs? When you are browsing your zips in the video i compared your zips name with mine matched

Since im gonna run the amiga roms through launchbox is openretro database needed?

Edited by Zeaede

Just now, Zeaede said:

That make sense, i thought whdload was the deal all time also making it easier not swap discs?

I do prefer WHDLoad, yes. That doesn't necessarily mean that version will be covered in OpenRetro (previously OAGD). They typically are though.

Generally speaking, if a WHDLoad version is available, that's what I opt to use. Load times are much faster, there are no cracktros, and you don't have to mess with any disk swapping. In the event that you do have to create a config for a game manually, it literally just takes a few seconds.

10 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

I do prefer WHDLoad, yes. That doesn't necessarily mean that version will be covered in OpenRetro (previously OAGD). They typically are though.

Generally speaking, if a WHDLoad version is available, that's what I opt to use. Load times are much faster, there are no cracktros, and you don't have to mess with any disk swapping. In the event that you do have to create a config for a game manually, it literally just takes a few seconds.

I updated while you replied but is openretro database needed accessing amiga roms through fs emulator  through launchbox?

6 hours ago, Zeaede said:

I updated while you replied but is openretro database needed accessing amiga roms through fs emulator  through launchbox?

Technically no, but you should so you can have them running ideally with all the proper settings and WHDload arguments.

Please just watch the entire video. Literally everything you've asked is answered in the video.

• 11 months later...
8 minutes ago, somakarma said:

Any ideas how to reveal zip folders in the Choose Hard Drive widow,  upon creating a config for a WHDLoad that hadn't populated (35:25?)? The zip folders are not showing, so can't select a game to config.

I'm not sure what you mean by "zip folder" but I answered your question in the other thread. You just choose the add button and navigate to them.