LaunchBox Community Forums

Statically assign usb ports?

dbas

Hello.  i have an arcade cabinet with 4 controllers(2 xbox one and 2 xbox 360 brook universal).  The usb port assignments/priority seem to change after power cycles.  This causes chaos for some emulators as the Player 1\2 seem to alternate with all 4 controllers.  is there away to statically assign these? 

15 hours ago, dbas said:

Hello.  i have an arcade cabinet with 4 controllers(2 xbox one and 2 xbox 360 brook universal).  The usb port assignments/priority seem to change after power cycles.  This causes chaos for some emulators as the Player 1\2 seem to alternate with all 4 controllers.  is there away to statically assign these? 

Oh man...... windows...... pls........ why you do this...... this issue plagues so many ppl...  there are " work arounds for ceartian emulators or using remapping programs but dam Microsoft we bloody well shouldn't have to!

Ok, undr windows 10, I went under "Power management options", then for the mode I use "advanced parameters" (might not be exact term in English, my windows 10 is in French. Then under USB, Disable suspended USB whatchamacallit.

Then if I remember correctly, you need to go under the setting sof your usb concentrator(s), and disable the sleep mode, or wahtever it is called. The above procedure should stop the controller order from resetting, etc. It does work for BT controllers too.

I hope I make sense!