LaunchBox Community Forums

Nintendo triforce with launchbox

dbas

There is a special version of Dolphin that you need to use for Triforce games which is about 3 years old now.  Newer versions of Dolphin will not run Triforce games. You need Dolphin version 4.0-309 and 4.0-315 to play the Triforce games which you can download both versions from Dolphins website and there are instructions there on how to get those games running as well. The Triforce wiki page is very helpful and if you scroll down to the bottom to where the list of games are you can click on each game and it sends you to another page to get the games up and running.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Triforce

• 1 year later...

So bringing up an old topic (kinda), I notice there were some Triforce updates in the latest MAME release. I know they are not playable on MAME, it seems you need to use a special branch of Dolphin.
What I couldn't figure out, is how or if I could use the MAME ROMs & CHDs in Dolphin, or if I need specific built ISOs or something else.

Anyone can point me in the right direction?

• 1 year later...

So, i've been playing Mario Kart GP 1 and 2 with dolphin 4.0-315 in and outside LaunchBox. All wiki hacks added in the game via dolphin menus, So, as soon as the game starts we must press F1 to load the save created with dolphin 4.0-309. All understood till here.

So, the way i am understanding... there's no way to save all progress in this game and play with other cars and characters. We can always save pressing Shift+F1 and load with F1, but that's it? We can't ever initiate the game loading a virtual "card" with all our progress, is that right?

(I know that in the version of Wii console with Nintendont emulator all of this works flawlessly)

2 minutes ago, Sanctus said:

So, i've been playing Mario Kart GP 1 and 2 with dolphin 4.0-315 in and outside LaunchBox. All wiki hacks added in the game via dolphin menus, So, as soon as the game starts we must press F1 to load the save created with dolphin 4.0-309. All understood till here.

So, the way i am understanding... there's no way to save all progress in this game and play with other cars and characters. We can always save pressing Shift+F1 and load with F1, but that's it? We can't ever initiate the game loading a virtual "card" with all our progress, is that right?

(I know that in the version of Wii console with Nintendont emulator all of this works flawlessly)

Im not to up with triforce, but my understanding is they are arcade games, so i assume there is no saving.

32 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Im not to up with triforce, but my understanding is they are arcade games, so i assume there is no saving.

Sorry, but yes they can be saved originally with a Card that we could insert on the arcades. The emulator "Nintendont" usable on Wii hardware, can emulate the Triforce games flawlessly even with that saving "virtual card". Only the Dolphin 4.0-315 can't emulate this "card" thing, so there is the approach of saving from the Dolphin itself (with savestates). However, if we could save with a "virtual" card, we could always start the games, select the character/car/items etc and continue our game. The way i think it is now, we can only save at a certain point with savestates from the dolphin emu, and always progress the game with that player and car and items because if we lose on a certain point of the game, starting over is like turning off the game. I can only assume this is the actual point of Triforce emulation on the scene... i thought at this point, someone or a team could made this perfect :) . So, this is a thing on the "to do list" for some programmers.