LaunchBox Community Forums
dbas

Nintendo triforce with launchbox

what emulator and config is everyone using to emulate Nintendo triforce and games on launchbox.  i cant get mine to work..

There is a special version of Dolphin that you need to use for Triforce games which is about 3 years old now.  Newer versions of Dolphin will not run Triforce games. You need Dolphin version 4.0-309 and 4.0-315 to play the Triforce games which you can download both versions from Dolphins website and there are instructions there on how to get those games running as well. The Triforce wiki page is very helpful and if you scroll down to the bottom to where the list of games are you can click on each game and it sends you to another page to get the games up and running.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Triforce

So bringing up an old topic (kinda), I notice there were some Triforce updates in the latest MAME release. I know they are not playable on MAME, it seems you need to use a special branch of Dolphin.
What I couldn't figure out, is how or if I could use the MAME ROMs & CHDs in Dolphin, or if I need specific built ISOs or something else.

Anyone can point me in the right direction?