LaunchBox Community Forums

No Box-Front Art

Pyrometheous

I'm trying to contribute a little more to the community here, and I've started working on a new theme (I'm really just creating the outline and some of the artwork at this point). So this is what I've come up with as a blank Box-Front.png. This would come up instead of the regular launchbox logo with the blue hue. I think this would live here: "C:\Users\[user name]\LaunchBox\Images\None\Box - Front" , but I'm not quite sure. I kind of feel like in a menu interface like BigBox, this more bland grey look is more ideal, to kind of mimic what you'd see in a game console.

I'll be doing my best to create blanks for the other artwork as well (I imagine this would work as artwork for the Box-Back as well). Let me know what you think.

Box - Front.png

Edited by Pyrometheous
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

If the games don't have artwork on our Database or EmuMovies, LaunchBox wont download it. Check some as they may not have downloaded on accident, or they were automatically attached to an ID and should have. Sometimes a game may not be attached properly when it does have an entry on the Database. Otherwise, the only other automatic way to fill in art is if you already have art packs downloaded. If you drop art, music, videos or manuals in the proper folder locations inside of the LB folder, and the assets are named after the rom file or the name of the game in LB, the media will automatically attach it's self to the games in LB.

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

If that happened, when you do an audit, how do you know which images you are missing?

That's actually a really good point. I think that the auditing system would need be able to "know" if it was using a generic/blank art instead of the original artwork, and report that when you pull up the game. At least, that would be the only thing I could think of. But yeah, if this were to be a stock feature in LB/BB, the auditing would need to be able to account for this.