LaunchBox Community Forums

REQUEST - individual controller mapping for Big Box

mothergoose729

Launchbox is awesome, and the built in controller mapping for the UI really great most of the time.

I am one of those weirdos who likes to use different controllers for emulating different systems. Right now LB can configure one set of button mappings and apply it to whatever controller I happen to have plugged in. I think this is done based on a button index, using button 0 and button 1 by default. This can lead to some weird assignments, like "A" being back and "X" being click/accept on a gamecube controller with a mayflash adapter, to partially broken, like where a n64 controller has no way to select a platform, but can back out or launch a game. 

It would be really great to be able to set up a mapping for a controller in a similar way how retroarch handles it. I have a set of button mappings for a certain type of controller, and LB knows what type of controller I have plugged in and loads the correct configuration. If I use a controller LB has never seen before, I can go in and set the default configuration manually.

Thank you LB team for the work you do and the great support you provide! 

That is a pretty good idea. I don't know if that's ever been requested before. However, requests are best made in our BitBucket. Click Issues/Requests at the top of the website. Search up if your request has been made before, and vote on that ticket if it has. You can also comment on that one as well. If it hasn't been made, feel free to create a ticket for it. Don't forget to vote on your own ticket!

Hey@mothergoose729

Great idea. I had previously requested expanding LB/BB controller mapping to allow multiple keyboard keys to perform the same function to allow 2 player controls via a keyboard encode to control LB/BB navigation without the need for external tools.

Maybe you could add to that request as they are related to the expansion for the controller mapping area.