LaunchBox Community Forums

Corrupt? CPS

DfknG

Hi everyone,

Really loving everything about Launchbox and the YouTube tutorials are really handy! So trying to do my diligence there before posting here however,

CPS has me stumped, I ideally wanted to just us FBAlpha core in retroarch but couldnt get anything out of it. At best a crash straight away so, I decided to download and run FBAlpha full emulator. Whenever launching a rom in FBAlpha I get a similar message but slightly different depending on the rom.

FBAlpha.png.ffa7424480a037957a25b4231d45afa0.pngDoes anyone have any suggestions? I would be suspect on corrupt roms but this is part of a MAME set and only CPS seems to be having issues?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Have a great day.

Grab a whole new set. All of these games are in the MAME set and work in MAME just fine too. Worst case scenario, if you really still want to, just find out what the parent and child roms are, and move them to a new folder. Make sure, if they're ever labeled, that you grab split or non-merged. Those are generally the two best.

20 hours ago, DfknG said:
16 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

Looks like you are missing some parent roms for 1941 judging by the error message, get a new dump of the rom for that game.

8 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

Grab a whole new set. All of these games are in the MAME set and work in MAME just fine too. Worst case scenario, if you really still want to, just find out what the parent and child roms are, and move them to a new folder. Make sure, if they're ever labeled, that you grab split or non-merged. Those are generally the two best.

Ah I think I know what ive done. 
1. probably didnt tick the right things when I did the initial import but what was the biggest stuff up is I select a dir where the pack was and asked LB to copy them to the Games dir within Launchbox, that could be a flaw in teh process where it wont bring across all the required components to a game perhaps?

Thanks for your help, im recopying direct to dir and wont 'copy to new location' im sure that will fix it :)

Ah yes! When you have LaunchBox copy over files, it's only going to copy over files that it's importing. It's hard to have LaunchBox guess what it will copy over, and if we have it guess it could lead to worse issues. You don't need to have LB copy things over, but if you do, and there are other files left over for systems that require multiple files (like MAME), or anything that has a cue sheet and a bin file, potentially audio files too (like PS1 and Saturn), then you also need to manually move everything else over or keep them where they're at. If you want the portability of LaunchBox, then all your stuff just needs to be on the same hard drive. If it's a different hard drive, portability is harder, but if it is at least on the same drive you achieve the same portability as if the files were in the LB folder, you'd just have multiple folders to move when changing drives.