LaunchBox Community Forums

Exiting PPSSPP 1.4 with controller automation crashes PPSSPP

ckp

I have been using controller automation fine for a long time with PPSSPP 1.3 and LB with my xbox ones.

I just changed to the new PPSSPP 1.4 version. But now, when I exit from inside a game using controller automation, it crashes PPSSPP most of the time, when the escape key alone does not. I do not have anything in the ahk tab now or before for PPSSPP. This seems to be a new LB and PPSSPP problem with the latest version of PPSSPP.

Apparently I'm finding it's not all games. Dragon's Lair works ok for me.

But Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 always crashes (have to get all the way in actual soccer game play) with 1.4 but not with 1.3

Edit: Naturally, only the first game I tried so far is causing this.

Edited by ckp

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

Not sure if you fixed your issue but I tested on 1.3 and 1.4 as well and no issues with crashing on about 6 games with controller automation. 

I haven't. It only crashes with specific games, not all.

ok this seems to only happen when using the new ppsspp 1.4 direct x 11 setting. i filed a bug on the ppsspp forum. i can run with OpenGL in ppssspp 1.4 and things work fine like they did in 1.3. i think switching between OpenGL and D3D11 in pppsspp doesn't always change it out of D3D11 because when it was crashing on me it always referenced D3D11 faulting in the windows event log.