LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME only System (Bigbox)

puerNatus

Hey everyone, I'm new to launchbox and bigbox I came from hyperspin and there was an option to use a single platform (Mame). I'm hoping someone can help with settings. I am creating a vertical mame arcade and trying to set bigbox to launch directly into games (not platforms). I would also like to have bigbox in vertical view, but it comes out looking funny when the screen is rotated. Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you go back in to the Big Box settings, you can choose to just "View All Games", and Big Box should boot in to that automatically as the last thing you used. As for different views, play around with the Switch View key (you can set it in the Controller and Keyboard options). Play around with the different views till you find one you like. Past that, change themes and try their views. Critical Zone, an amazing theme, comes with LB now. Otherwise, you can get themes from our download section.

If you need more help, check out the video below. Some things may have changed slightly, menu's and design can change, but it's the same concept.

• Like 1