LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox not scanning all roms?

Zeaede

I add roms most made for hyperspin when i add a system i compare it with rocketlauncher

But when adding a system and it shows how many roms have been scanned, at some system it can be 100 less roms than what i have on that system

Or does less roms means the box cover is missing for those roms?

37 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

Yea, roms with the same name but alternate phrases in brackets (like multiple discs, disks or regions) get merged in to one. You can expand all the roms after the fact if you'd like, or not have it combine during import.

Hyperspin sets have both europe usa japanese - so if one rom have both europe usa version it will make one entry?

Today i added super nintendo game boy it have 145 roms i had 100% complete

But when i added Commodore 64 it have over 8000 roms but scanned only 7000?

Edited by Zeaede

Some may have been ignored as duplicate, or may have already been imported (if you imported previously). However, if it said for Commodore 64 that 7k games were imported when you scanned for 8k, that doesn't mean the games were not imported, see below.

In terms of what Hyperspin does, we're very different and are hard to compare. If a game has the same name, like Legend of Zelda, but has different brackets, like (USA), (Japan), etc, that is used to identify the game further but will also tell LaunchBox to combine them in to one entry. When you right click a game, all the alternate versions are still there, they're just counted as 1, since it's still, mostly the same game. Version 1.0 and 1.1, Rev A and Rev B, Rev 1 and Rev 2, Disc 1 and Disc 2, Disk 1 and Disk 2, would all normally be combined. You can tell LB not to and you can combine or uncombine games manually as you see fit. You can launch the other versions by right clicking a game in LB and selecting that entry. You can also select the alt verisons or other discs in Big Box as well.

3 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

Some may have been ignored as duplicate, or may have already been imported (if you imported previously). However, if it said for Commodore 64 that 7k games were imported when you scanned for 8k, that doesn't mean the games were not imported, see below.

In terms of what Hyperspin does, we're very different and are hard to compare. If a game has the same name, like Legend of Zelda, but has different brackets, like (USA), (Japan), etc, that is used to identify the game further but will also tell LaunchBox to combine them in to one entry. When you right click a game, all the alternate versions are still there, they're just counted as 1, since it's still, mostly the same game. Version 1.0 and 1.1, Rev A and Rev B, Rev 1 and Rev 2, Disc 1 and Disc 2, Disk 1 and Disk 2, would all normally be combined. You can tell LB not to and you can combine or uncombine games manually as you see fit. You can launch the other versions by right clicking a game in LB and selecting that entry. You can also select the alt verisons or other discs in Big Box as well.

Thanks for explaining, a thought why it does not scanning all roms. Does it mather where i have my roms located? I always keep roms in location setting up new system and not under games folder in Launchbox?

Edited by Zeaede

It doesn't need to be in the LB Games folder, but your install wont be portable. As long as your games, emulators and LB are all on the same drive (which by proxy means the ../LaunchBox/Games folder), it's a portable install. If your roms and emulators are on a different drive, it's not a portable set up and moving things around will take a few extra steps. However, LaunchBox doesn't care where your games are if you're just worried about playing them.

I had a look at MSX 2+ after scanning Aura Battle Dubaine have 6 discs

But when scanned in launchbox its all combined to one

Before scanning i can see these 6 roms individually but they have the same name should i add them 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 -5 - 6 so they are sperated or will mixed combined togheter do?

Was thinking of eventually disc swap during game play

Edited by Zeaede