LaunchBox Community Forums

Magnavox Odyssey 2 Tutorial

romruler

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I follow the tutorial to a T and I cannot launch the games from LB or from RA. I have tried this:

- I am using the latest stable version of RA. 

- I have tried bios from multiple versions. All named (renamed) to O2ROM.BIN  All put in the system folder of RA.

- I have tried using the nightly build of RA thinking it may be different.

- I have tried roms in .zip format from multiple sources thinking I may have had a bad dump.

- I have tried RA which I have emulating many systems, I have tried a fresh download of RA with only OEM2 as the core.

If I try launching OEM2 from RA, once I get to launching, it says that they wasn't any content. It is the same message as when I tried to launch it without O2ROM.BIN bios in the system folder. I would have to think it is the bios, but I have tried 3 different source bios all renamed to O2ROM.BIN

I am at a loss of what to do. The only thing I have not tried is using OEM2 as a standalone.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

I can't speak for Odyssey 2 emulation via RA as I don't use RA.
However, the dedicated emulator o2em works fine with LaunchBox.

MAME can also emulate the Odyssey 2.
To emulate the Odyssey 2 in MAME you will need the machine's romset
odyssey2.zip
And your Associated Platforms Parameters for the platform will be
odyssey2 -cart1

If you also want to emulate voice synthesis for the games that use this feature you will need the voice passthrough cart
o2_voice
And your Associated Platforms Parameters will now be
odyssey2 -cart1 voice -cart2

By the way, since MAME emulates the speech synthesis chips, the wav samples that the o2em emulator uses are not needed here.