LaunchBox Community Forums

Can someone explain what the audit feature does?

heelsinc

So I just hit the audit button for my GB games thinking it would tell me what is missing from my collection when compared to the DB.  That is not what happened.  Does the audit feature really just show me my games in a spreadsheet type of format?  

Could a comparison to the DB be implemented into the audit?  I think this would be a pretty cool thing for those of use that are looking to make sure we have complete collections.  Of course that would mean the DB would need to be complete to compare it to but still. 

It does show you which games you are missing and which you have like my N64 says I'm missing all the games because of their names but then it list all the games I have under that which are all the games still I believe it also shows you what type of media and artwork that you have for the games also,.

Actually, I don't think Audit tells you what you're missing compared to the Database at all. I don't recall that being a feature. That does make some sense, but as a toggle. Audit is more to put information at your finger tips in an easy way to understand and read. Like what games don't have any artwork, which games aren't attached to the Database, which games are considered duplicates (they show up red), etc. 

Also just thought it should to the opposite as well and let me know what games I have that aren't on the DB.  Great way to bring attention to the games that need to be added so the community can work on them.

Edited by heelsinc

• 2 weeks later...

after looking around on the audit sheet a little more I think I may have figured out  a way to do this.  You sort by LaunchBox Games Database ID so all the ones that are blank would mean they need to be added to the DB.  This is going to make the project I've been working on so much easier with much less clicking!

edit: nope never mind apparently not all the games on the DB have a dedicated ID.

I'll try to sort for no box art.  I would imagine that would give me most of what isn't on the DB.

Edited by heelsinc