LaunchBox Community Forums

Codex Theme Demo

Hexxxer

Codex Theme Demo

A little and very loose demo of a per system theme I was working on last year shown on  a quick launchbox build I made up to show off the assets. Don't read into lack of game videos and such.

The concept for this theme aims to replicate the box art design of each system, although, due to constraints on setting up custom views per system, it was more of an 'inspired by' the box art concept.

I build quite a few assets for this theme from scratch including vectored Seals, Completed, Broken, Favorite and # of Player Icons, and themed backgrounds. I put it on hiatus as I felt it was better to wait for real support built into Launchbox rather than just replacing image elements on the fly.  If per-system themes becomes a thing in the next iteration of Launchbox I would be interested in continuing this theme and hope others from the community could join me in creating assets.

Let me know what you all think.

• Like 6

@Hexxxer I think this theme is VERY cool, I would like to see consistency where the clear logo is displayed though. I Love the Sega Master system and Genesis there the background overlays on the video and the clear logo on top of that, which seems to be missing from the other platforms. Otherwise I think the different styles per platform is awesome and adds alot to the over all theme. NICE JOB so far.

• 1 year later...