LaunchBox Community Forums

covert .mng files to mp4

Pete

Where did you get mng files? The only thing I can find out about them is that they're completely unrelated or an extension of PNG and not video at all. My gut reaction is that they're not going to be convertible. I do see that they're similar to GIF's, but never took over. The best software for this type of job I would say is Handbrake, but again, I have zero clue if you can convert them, and I would guess you can't.

Edit: It does look to be supported by some video players, but VLC doesn't even support it which says a lot.

35 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

Cool, if that works though then you can certainly use Handbrake afterwards at least. There's nothing wrong with AVI though, and it should work in LB.

No need Handbrake convert video, just download any DEMUX/REMUX software (My preference is MEGUI, because can convert AUDIO file to MP4 compatible and remux).

Claudio

2 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

Ok, but we're talking about converting the AVI to an MP4. There are other solutions, but handbrake is one of the better free ones. Again though, AVI works just fine and there's really no need to convert in the first place.

Not need "convert" to MP4, just REMUX, because the AVI file is H264 (codec compatible). Only need convert audio part to .AAC or .AC3

Claudio

• 4 months later...

Finally I find this related thread about MNG to MP4 conversion. Yesterday, i find this article about video conversion and it recommend me to download their video converter to convert MNG. In the article, as you can see (http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/hd-crack.html) they claim that the video size can be dramatically compressed after conversion. However, after i changed MPNG to MP4 format, the size got much bigger, around 50 percent larger than the original one while the quality stays the same. How strange it is. Do you guys have any ideas what may happen during the conversion?

3 hours ago, Laxrefworm said:

Finally I find this related thread about MNG to MP4 conversion. Yesterday, i find this article about video conversion and it recommend me to download their video converter to convert MNG. In the article, as you can see (http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/hd-crack.html) they claim that the video size can be dramatically compressed after conversion. However, after i changed MPNG to MP4 format, the size got much bigger, around 50 percent larger than the original one while the quality stays the same. How strange it is. Do you guys have any ideas what may happen during the conversion?

Just use MNG2AVI to get file and convert later with VIDCODER. Only this.

Claudio

CM9EesE.png

• 3 weeks later...