LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Question

jayray442

I now have full mame(Non-Merged) and chd set .184(yes i know .185 just came out lol)(and thanks to those who pointed me in the right direction). I have always had a preconfigured mame set. My question is do i need to run this through clrmamepro or what else needs to be done before using it. Sorry i have done and set up a lot of systems both here and in hyperspin, but i have always used my old mame setup i got ready to go. so this is new to me jnust want to do it the best way possible.

Edited by jayray442

If you have the 0.184 set and you are trying to get the 0.185 update set and combine them then yes you need to use CLRMAMEPro. If you have the 0.184 set and you just want to use them then you don't have to do anything else with them they are good to go.

Just now, DOS76 said:

I like stand alone MAME personally but if you don't understand the mame.ini file to change settings a UI is probably better to start with

Yeah that's why i use UI i don't have to care or think about the .ini everything is a checkbox or a dropdown, and i am very happy with that, but as i said personal preference and all that. :) 

Just now, jayray442 said:

The screen that comes up and tells you if its a working rom and you have to hit a key to pass it.

Oh right, im not sure to be honest, ill have to look. I always just hit the button to skip it. Didn't even realise that was a thing just assumed that was a part of mame. Well live and learn. :) 

I must be missing something, got everything working great, even cheats. Trying to ad hi score support(i downloaded the hi score dat file and put it in the "dats" folder and created a new folder call "hi"). Am i missing a step becasue still won't save high scores.