LaunchBox Community Forums

Existing FS-UAE set up with Amiga Whdload and Amiga CD32 games, but what about ISOs?

cleverest

Exporting from FS-UAE and importing into LB is the same as non-CD32 games. If you've got CD32 games that are recognized and imported into your FS-UAE library automatically via scan (and it can scan/recognize disc images just like anything else), they can be exported via UUID and imported into LB just like any other format. If they're not recognized in FS-UAE automatically, you can create a config for them in FS-UAE and import the config for them into LB, again like any other format. The only difference is that rather than directing the config to floppy images (like ADF) or WHDLoad archives (ZIP or IHA) you'll be directing it to a disc image, via the CD tab in FS-UAE, rather than the floppy or hard drive tabs. I mention how to do this in the video.

I believe a disc image + uncompressed audio format (like .wav) is supported, but a disc image + compressed audio format (like .mp3) is not. I haven't actually tried that though - mine have all been .bin+.cue or .img+.cue or .iso.

Frode has indicated that the behavior I mentioned regarding the controller is "working as intended" as there are WHDLoad *versions* of CD32 games that were designed to be played on non-CD32 Amiga models like the A1200 (and *typically* use a standard controller rather than a CD32 pad as result). In some cases (like Gloom as I mentioned in the video) some manual intervention may be necessary.

On 1/6/2017 at 6:46 PM, FrodeSolheim said:

About CD32 games. If you use a proper CD32 game (model = CD32, CD image), then FS-UAE Launcher will default to using CD32 Gamepad mode. But *WHDLoad* ports of CD32 games is a different matter. These are ports of CD32 games
meant to be played on a desktop Amiga, such as the A1200 or A4000. The desktop models defaults to joystick mode. If the game needs the CD32 Gamepad mode, and is incorrectly configured, please submit a fix to the online database (joystick_port_1_mode = cd32 pad).

• Like 1

When I try to add the folder with my new ISO cd32 games to the file database in FS-UAE, do I add the folder with all the games UNZIPPING into sub-folders for each game, ORcan I LHA compress each subfolder and it will work? (they were originally ZIPS not LHA files), OR can I keep them as zips?

Any idea?  Thanks for the help!

You're talking about several separate things there.

Disc images (iso, bin+cue, etc.) need to be extracted if they're in an archive.

WHDLoad versions of CD32 games (which are not disc images) follow the same rules as any other WHDLoad game - if you open a zip and you see a folder and a .info file, it can be imported as-is. If you open it and see an .lha, the .lha needs to be extracted and then it can be imported into FS-UAE. FS-UAE does not support importing an archive within an archive (an .lha in a .zip).