LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't get Launchbox to launch 3D0 Games

Hey Everyone,

So I've gotten launchbox just about configured, but I can't seem to get Launchbox to launch into 3D0 games. I'm able to get them to load in Retroarch by selecting the ISO (not the cue), but clicking them in Launchbox doesn't seem to work. The 'Play count' increases but that's it.

I've attached my settings below. I don't think I'm missing anything blatantly obvious, and I pulled the core name directly from the file so it should be matching up.

Any tips/suggestions?

3d0 retro.png

Thanks for the suggestion, doesn't seem to change anything though and retroarch still won't load from LB. I've also tried deleting the cue, renaming the ISO without any parentheses or special characters, updated launchbox.

I'm just not sure what the problem is when every other console seems to be working :S

If the game loads in Retroarch it should load in Launchbox without any changes to the naming. Usually if the game loads in RA on it's own and not through LB it's a setting or command line in LB or the platform name. The -startfullscreen - startloadfile certainly doesn't need to be there and would give problems

Unfortunately I cannot test 3DO stuff since I have deleted my 3DO games. I have had it working just fine though.

The names are off. Your platform is "3DO Interactive Multiplayer", but in the associated platform you called it "3D0 Interactive Multiplayer". You replaced the letter O, for the number 0. It should be the letter. Monkus is also still correct in that the command lines shouldn't be necessary (for full screen you certainly don't need it in RA), but otherwise try changing that.

48 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

If the game loads in Retroarch it should load in Launchbox without any changes to the naming. Usually if the game loads in RA on it's own and not through LB it's a setting or command line in LB or the platform name. The -startfullscreen - startloadfile certainly doesn't need to be there and would give problems

Unfortunately I cannot test 3DO stuff since I have deleted my 3DO games. I have had it working just fine though.

That's a good catch (I had checked it before thinking I had named it Panasonic or something but didn't catch the O vs 0). I was hoping it'd be the root cause, still doesn't seem to want to load though. 

Oddly enough, I just installed the standalone 4DO emulator, added to Launchbox and it seems to work fine. Double-checking the core information in RA and it does show the panafz10 bios is present. So I'm really just lost on what the issue is.

It's not end of the world, I think I'll get by without 3DO in RA via LB, but it's odd that I can't get this one to behave when NES,SNES, GB,GBA, MS, MD, Saturn and PSX are all working fine in RA.

Yup, it's nothing more than a curiosity nowadays.

Back in the day it was decent (even if it was expensive) because it had the best home ports of Street Fighter and Samurai Shodown along with Fifa and Road Rash but the rest of the games were mediocre at best and all the good stuff got ports to the PS and Saturn when they came out.