LaunchBox Community Forums

Which info is in the license file?

Hi all,

I have purchased the premium license to use BigBox (which is awesome, btw!), and I am worried about which info is in it. Even when it is for personal use, I want to confirm that sensitive info like my credit card info is not there. If only my name and other info is there, it is ok... but please confirm that my credit card info is not.

Thanks a lot,

Martin

If you open the file with a txt editor you can see there is no sensitive info there you won't find your cc# in there. It basically contains your name your email your purchase date and a insanely long line of random numbers and letters that must mean something to Jason but wouldn't mean anything to anyone else.

No, that's ok. I just wanted to be sure that the only "sensitive" info there is my name and email. Even when the file will be in my PC only, it is not a good feeling that any sensitive info is in there. I am a little paranoid in this kind of cases, sorry :)

Thanks a lot for your answers, guys.

Martin

Yea all the information you can read in there is all that is there.  There is nothing "encrypted" in the random numbers and letters, that is a digital signature for the contents of the file to make sure nothing is edited.  The signatures are generated by Jason's private key so no one else should be able to generate valid signatures.