LaunchBox Community Forums

Build Suggestions Please

Mr.Laor

11 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

The one I originally linked has a GT 705 in there, so yes a GPU can fit. in fact, one comes with it. It's not an emachine case or anything like that, so it could probably do a half size GTX card, or a low profile card. I'm sorry, but that link I sent is still a good ass deal for $500 straight, pre-built. I would get that if I had a need for a smaller machine like that.

Edit: Like I said, it's not a perfect machine, but if you want something no hassle, that's under budget (though only while on sale), then it's a good machine to do this specific job. It's not gonna wow you on brand new emulation or games, and you could always upgrade the RAM and GPU later; But it comes in under budget, and you wont have to put it together. The upgrades can be something you could figure out in a year. I also don't like that Windows 7 is in that machine. I would certainly change that out to Windows 10. I just installed W10 on to a new machine for my mother in law, and we thought she was gonna have to buy it. After logging in with her account, that I did the Windows 7 to Windows 10 free upgrade on, Microsoft gave her W10 for free on her new machine. I just Installed Windows 10 Home, skipped the key part, logged her in, and it was done automatically. So if you ever did that process, you might have W10 for free.

Edit 2: I also haven't seen that video that Monkus posted, but I assume that's someone building the machine by the thumbnail. If you hunt, or look hard enough like that, then of course you could do better for less. Pre-built comes a bit more expensive. Too big or too small, and the price also goes up even if you're building it.

Thanks again for the response, I think I'm down to these two.

The one you suggested: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883101543&ignorebbr=1

and

http://www.microcenter.com/product/474288/G151_Desktop_Computer#

Unless someone has another option, between these two, which sounds better?

Hopefully my last post - aside from letting you know which I went with and profusely thanking the community for the 10th time.

Thanks everyone for the help. I did go with Microcenter's Powerspec 151

• Intel Core i5-7500 Processor 3.40GHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5
  • 8GB DDR4-2133 RAM
  • 1TB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
  • Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • 24x DVDRW Drive
  • Multi-in-One Memory Card Reader
  • 10/100/1000 Network
  • 802.11ac Wireless
  • Display Not Included

It was $100 more than I wanted to spend, but it did seem like the best bang for the buck, and good for the foreseeable future. Now starts the work of setting it up.....