LaunchBox Community Forums

Need Help - Windows 10 ruined everything

PowerCooker

Hi guys I need some serious help with this if anyone can help me out

my launchbox was running fine for weeks now and everything ran ok and worked fine in fullscreen

My windows 10 updated today and now nothing in launchbox seems to work right anymore....I open Demul and try and play any game and it all runs in slow-mo. If I go fullscreen its even more fucked and things run as if I'm trying to move on the moon or something

Its the same for pretty much ALL my emulators from the dreamcast to the ps2 and everything else

I REALLY need some help with this one guys because its upsetting me a lot here. I'm not sure how to fix this issue because I haven't changed any settings from before when everything ran just fine

already done, very first thing I did

this new windows 10 update seems to have just royally fucked everything and I cant seem to fix it....

everything just seems to run ultra slow now and even worse when I try to fullscreen stuff

Did you disable game DVR in the Xbox menu?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't have my Game DVR disabled and I don't have any problems. This update wasn't a Insider Preview update right and you are just running stable release of Windows 10

It would be helpful to know which update has created the issues. I was assuming it was the recent creators update, since I had seen other people with similar issues.

Will your emulators work correctly outside of Launchbox?

Also, check out this CEMU post, as the issue may be related:

Windows 10 updated to the "Creators Update" and now cemu crashes on game launch/loading

I'm just using the latest windows 10 update that came out - this shitty creators thing

ive found if I run things in a SMALL windows they appear to work yet the second I fulscreen anything else they just either don't work or are ultra slow mo. So my dreamcast,ps1,ps2,gamecube etc etc all don't work in fullscreen anymore and I'm stuck with ultra slow motion

Game mode is actually great if you have a low spec system and many people misunderstand what it does as it doesn't make the game play better it just stops most backend processes while you are playing a game and gives the game the majority of the system resources I have a small form factor PC in my Arcade machine and when BB runs in game mode it knocks my always extremely high CPU usage down into the 30 to 40% range. I've been running the creators update since 4-11 on 14 different Win 10 PC's without issue so I'm guessing some software on your PC is interfering with it.

Edited by DOS76

Game mode is actually great if you have a low spec system and many people misunderstand what it does as it doesn't make the game play better it just stops most backend processes while you are playing a game and gives the game the majority of the system resources I have a small for factor PC in my Arcade machine and when BB runs in game mode it knocks my always extremely high CPU usage down into the 30 to 40% range. I've been running the creators update since 4-11 on 14 different Win 10 PC's without issue so I'm guessing some software on your PC is interfering with it.

That makes sense that you would see benefits on lower end systems.

That's the first positive thing I have read regarding game mode [emoji28].

I hope they are serious about leveraging windows as a gaming platform, & continue to develop "game mode". I think it's a cool idea.

Game mode is actually great if you have a low spec system and many people misunderstand what it does as it doesn't make the game play better it just stops most backend processes while you are playing a game and gives the game the majority of the system resources I have a small form factor PC in my Arcade machine and when BB runs in game mode it knocks my always extremely high CPU usage down into the 30 to 40% range. I've been running the creators update since 4-11 on 14 different Win 10 PC's without issue so I'm guessing some software on your PC is interfering with it.

Also, what do you do with 14 windows 10 PCs?

Are you a gold farmer? Bit coin miner? ? [emoji28]

No I'm a computer geek I've had some of them since 2007 I have 4 desktops as HTPC's in Bedroom, Kitchen, Living Room and Basement I have a laptop available in 3 of those rooms so I can still get online if I'm watching something on my HTPC's I have 3 tablets one that never leaves my bed side one that is connected to a telescopic gamepad and acts as a handheld and one that I mount in my car. I have a MeeGoPad T02 that I bought to use for my projector. I have a small form factor machine in my Arcade machine an AOI touchscreen desktop that is connected to six monitors for my main desk plus a laptop and a desktop that are pretty much purposeless but still kicking around so Its actually 15 on the recount. Plus I have two servers I'm running  one with Windows Home Server 2011 and the other Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials.

No I'm a computer geek I've had some of them since 2007 I have 4 desktops as HTPC's in Bedroom, Kitchen, Living Room and Basement I have a laptop available in 3 of those rooms so I can still get online if I'm watching something on my HTPC's I have 3 tablets one that never leaves my bed side one that is connected to a telescopic gamepad and acts as a handheld and one that I mount in my car. I have a MeeGoPad T02 that I bought to use for my projector. I have a small form factor machine in my Arcade machine an AOI touchscreen desktop that is connected to six monitors for my main desk plus a laptop and a desktop that are pretty much purposeless but still kicking around so Its actually 15 on the recount. Plus I have two servers I'm running  one with Windows Home Server 2011 and the other Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials.

That's some serious gear, nice! [emoji108]

As a fellow HTPC enthusiast I'd be interested to know what solutions you have found to some of the common problems in a HTPC set-up.

But I won't hijack this thread for my own nerdly edification, lol. (maybe I'll start an HTPC thread ?)

guys ive tested a lot of the other emulators in  my launchbox and it seems most r working on since I turned game mode off

HOWEVER my demul is still fucked and wont work right no matter what I try and do. Ive tried the dreamcast emulator - slow when I go fullscreen yet runs ok when I make it a small screen

AM2,£ and Naomi seem the same (yes I know there running on the same dreamcast emulator)

I cant figure out whats wrong with it or why its doing this when I go fullscreen....its been a long time since I messed with it but how do you change the directx on it? I want to see if I change it if it will run any better. It says DX11 but if I remember right cant u tell it to run in 9 or something?

Also how can I tell again if I have the latest direct x? I'm pretty sure that should have just happened when my nvidea installed the latest drivers shouldn't it