LaunchBox Community Forums

Spam

neil9000

Well i have just come on to the forums this morning to find it absolutely full up with spam on the activity feed. 4 or 5 different new users had flooded the feed with spam. If any users ever see this stuff before a moderator removes it can you please use the report button on the users thread or profile page. That way the moderators will receive a notification and a email about it and it wont sit there filling the feed for very long.

Thanks all.

Yeah thats the stuff, 4 different users registered this morning and all spammed that university stuff in to the feed. I have removed it all now but it was sitting there for a while before i logged on this morning, it doesn't look great when legitimate new users register and the first thing they see is a load of spam. lol. Yeah if it had been reported i would of got a email about it and it would of been removed a bit quicker than it actually was. 

Just now, DOS76 said:

did you remove that retarded Obsidian post also Neil?

Yeah i deleted that post, i haven't given them a warning but will be keeping a eye on them. They seemed to of registered with a genuine username so benefit of doubt for now. All the chinese spam the usernames are just random letters and numbers so i flag the user as a spammer and there posts magically disappear, i am having to do that nearly every time i log on in the morning at the moment.