LaunchBox Community Forums

[Request] Audit-Tool Optimisation

Chris Kant

Hey Guys,

I am working now through the whole LB / BB thing and transferring my Hyperspin Stuff into that system. There are a lot of things that coming up my mind which could help me making my setup fast complete than I wish. Don't get me wrong, LB is already a really good tool, together with rocket launcher even better :-) the Database could have some speed ups in getting more and more games into it for auditing it. Going over the Page is exhausting, and there is already a great (not yet perfect) plug in which makes life easier. When we only have to fill in the datas once in our LB a upload functionality should integrated into the Database Page, incl. the Images. I replace a lot of my GBA Wheel Arts which was downloaded over LB with the ones I got from Hyperspin, which most of the time have a way better quality.

so some of my requests or Ideas how this could making easier for all:

in this picture there should be a "next" and "previous" button go walk through the whole database easier instead of pressing ok, going over to the next game and then open it

592964d2949e8_Bildschirmfoto2017-05-26um14_56_03.thumb.png.09d10829094009963d8c50903385befb.png

when you place a image into the right lower spot of the previous screen, you are able to choose what kind of image it would be. I think it should be configurable what kind of images the system only could have to cut a bit down of the picklist. For example, how often could it be that there is a Cart AND a Disc in one System? when it is a Super Nintendo Entertainment System, does it really get those Arcade Images or Steam Banners too?

5929652e2702b_Bildschirmfoto2017-05-26um14_56_26.thumb.png.6b50d4149d0164bbba74312d8878bdeb.png

it would be nice when the normal view of Launchbox not only has a drag and drop functionality for importing games, it should also have one for Images. When I choose a Grafiktype on the higher right spot (for example Clear Logo) and than put a wheel art images from the windows explorer onto a game (like us say Batman Returns (USA, Europe) then it should automatically save it as a clear logo for that game.

592965d37a1a2_Bildschirmfoto2017-05-27um13_40_52.thumb.png.6bbfab535a941125c4c7daf9a37a325c.png

the Media Downloader the Editing Game Screen has a "choose all" and "choose nothing" on the lower right side, this should be more clearer. I often thought, that this stands for both Launchbox Games Database AND EmuMovies. Can we get a really all or nothing button for this screen too, please :-)

59296691d9857_Bildschirmfoto2017-05-26um14_56_46.thumb.png.cf5ec31ad0eb2fef3397adc2397d2919.png

The Audit-Tool from Launchbox is nice but could be more helpful in some kind: It would be more helpful when we can edit the columns we want to see or not. like I don't want to see the Themevideopath or the Musikpath, I always skipped those things. when I can choose my view it would make it easier to go through, like does this game already has a launchbox Database ID or do I have to look deeper for this game.

59296711a6408_Bildschirmfoto2017-05-27um13_29_35.thumb.png.83afcb2914ea8403912d6f751599b769.png59296714d6e65_Bildschirmfoto2017-05-27um13_29_49.thumb.png.4ef8960f9b16f6abd23c0820561662fc.png

And it would be very cool when we can get a Media Audittool as well. Something like the normal Audit tool with editable columns and instead of the information one image for Clear Logos we can directly see that image and can change or add another one with easy drag and drop.

and in overall as I said it in the beginning, with a fully integrated thing like such plugin "Add to Games DB" the database would be growing really fast and will be so awesome with the best images / arts from everywhere.

this was more than 2 cents but hopefully someone have the same ideas

• Like 1

A lot of what you talked about has been talked about elsewhere, and there are tickets on some of these features already (like the next and previous buttons in the edit screen). The BitBucket is the best place to submit these to keep them in order for @Jason Carr, and people can vote on them. The Audit tool I know Jason does want to upgrade in the future specifically. As for the images, we're actually looking to add more image types, as some of the Reconstructed or Fan Art fields should be applied to more types of images; that's something @Vlansix will need to cover first on the Database though.

The EmuMovies download screen does have a Deselect or Select All button on it.

IyMtuEB.png

X2bUxmC.png

The feature to upload from LB has been one of the most heavily talked features, we just came across some issues that we couldn't think of at the time to fix. Underwood had a more limited resource pool to do his job, and thus he actually solved the problems for us by thinking to route through the database UI. We didn't think of that. Granted, we could make it easier, but then that opens it up to abuse. I couldn't comment on whether or not that will be included. I think the code is very different for plugins and the application though, so it's not as simple as dropping it in.