LaunchBox Community Forums

New User Questions

Logun

Hello,

First time user and I've alreay run into the Steam issue where it wants to install every single game in my Steam library - downloaded or not. This renders the product useless to me (at least in my very limited exposure thus far). I have ~800 games in my steam library and only 20 installed. I understand why this is the way it is (blame it on how steam handles things).

However are there any workarounds?  Is it possible to add games one at a time - aside from manually typing everything by hand? I'm hoping there is a way to point LB at the steam installed game and it can take things from there?

For people with large Steam libraries - how are you handling this? Whether it be from how you've imported perspective or how you've organized post import.

Also I have dabbled in retroarch and emulationstation a bit and I'm wondering if there is a tried test and true methodology for combining these products with LB. Again it comes down to looking for suggestions on how to handle a large library?

Thanks!!

I cannot answer your Steam questions unfortunately because I have never tied my Steam account into Launchbox.

As for your Retroarch and Emulationstation question you can use Retroarch with Launchbox without problem. You can check out a tutorial @SentaiBrad did which is designed for new people to Launchbox. Emulationstation though is not something you can use in Launchbox because it is merely a front end using Retroarch, using it with Launchbox would simply be redundant.