LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Keeps Crashing

logan48227

I'm running into a problem here. Whenever I try to launch Big Box on my PC, it starts the whole "Initializing Big Box" speech but then it stops midway through and crashes. I then get a pop-up window that says "A problem has caused Big Box to stop working correctly." and only gives me the option to close program.

Using Launchbox is fine; only Big Box crashes. I have Launchbox version 7.10 on Windows 10 Creator's Update. Can someone please help me out with this?

Thanks in advance!

There was a thread recently with someone getting lots of crashes as well. They solved it by completely re-installing all of LaunchBox and Big Box's dependencies. I'm not quite sure if it's related, it can honestly be anything, but it's a good place to start.

• Like 1

Thanks! I actually ran into the same problem as someone else on that topic. MSI Afterburner/Riva Tuner were preventing Big Box from running. I added Big Box & Launchbox to the exceptions list, but it still didn't work. I ended up just uninstalling Afterburner & Big Box runs perfectly.

Thanks again for your help.

@logan48227 Just wanted to chime in here since I use Afterburner to control the fan speed on my AMD graphics card. 

I am not having any issues at the moment, but have had issues with Afterburner effecting other software (especially Wallpaper Engine) in the past. Disable the setting "Enable low-level IO driver" within Afterburner (Settings > General > compatibility properties). It doesn't effect my fan control and solved a lot crashing issues I was have because of Afterburner, but it may affect any overclocking you do within afterburner. Not sure though. 

If you have Rivatuner installed as well with Afterburner, you will need to add the Launchbox and BigBox .EXE to the exceptions within Rivatuner too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, imdavid555 said:

@logan48227 Just wanted to chime in here since I use Afterburner to control the fan speed on my AMD graphics card. 

I am not having any issues at the moment, but have had issues with Afterburner effecting other software (especially Wallpaper Engine) in the past. Disable the setting "Enable low-level IO driver" within Afterburner (Settings > General > compatibility properties). It doesn't effect my fan control and solved a lot crashing issues I was have because of Afterburner, but it may affect any overclocking you do within afterburner. Not sure though. 

If you have Rivatuner installed as well with Afterburner, you will need to add the Launchbox and BigBox .EXE to the exceptions within Rivatuner too.

I already added BigBox.exe & Launchbox.exe to the exceptions in Rivatuner. However, I didn't disable low level IO driver. I'll give that a shot later today and get back to you with my results.

• Like 1