LaunchBox Community Forums

platform and game video help

seymour71

Hi guys, bit of a lurker here, as I've managed to set up my system using the excellent tutorials on here & Youtube.

I have upgraded to BigBox, and I'm struggling to work out how to get platform & game videos to play.

I did think I'd have all the background videos etc automatically when i purchased BB, but I'm aware I net to set it up manually - but how?

An idiot proof guide would be much appreciated! 

it's pretty easy to get those. In LB, under the "tools" option at the top of your screen, find the option in the dropdown menu entitled "Download Platform/Playslist Theme Videos"

and from there, it's pretty straightforward. For some platforms, you have a choice of a few different videos, which you can preview to see what you like. Once you do, make sure it's selected in the dropdown box, click the checkbox on the left and download. The platform video will now play in BB for you.

As far as game media and videos, you'll also need to download that which you can do from the same menu. Go into the platform itself that you want to download media for and in the "tools" menu, find the "Download metadata and media", click "Next" at the nect screen, the first of two checkboxes should always be selected. Feel free to manualy select the second box if you want although not necessary. Click next and at the next screen select what you want as far as media to download on the LB side of things, click next, and you will have the same options to scrape media from Emumovies (i believe you need a paid account to scrape data from them?) Once you have selected what you want, click next and your media will begin to download. 

Then load up BB, go to Options/Image Cache/Refresh All Images and your media should now show in BB as you want.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys, I *think* I'm getting there. LB has downloaded the Platform Videos, into a folder at Launchbox/Videos/Platforms.

These aren't working in BigBox though, so do i need to move them somewhere?

I did just try moving them into Launchbox/Themes/Metalic/Videos/Platforms but that didn't work either.

No they are in the correct location, launchbox know's where they go ;) You can also put them in that other theme location but they would only work in that theme so best to leave themwhere they downloaded to. It looks like you are using the metalic theme, like i said above not all the views use the video's so you may need to switch the view in options/views. 

No problems at all, yeah all themes have several views some for video some for box art etc, you can bind the change view button to controller or keyboard button if you like, i have it on the y button on my controller so i can just hit that to switch views.

Game video's are in launchbox/videos/nameofplatform But if you are talking about the 30 second video snaps they are not from launchbox, they are from Emumovies and you need a emumovies premium license to download them from within the launchbox ui. You can download them for free from the emumovies website but you will be limited to 1.5GB worth of downloads per day.