LaunchBox Community Forums

GameDB: choosing Game from different System?

Chris Kant

Hi together,

I am working through my PS2 Collection so far. there are a lot of Games (over 150) that are not found by the build in scrubber. So I have to look and search manually the games (change slightly the name or so on). Sometimes there is the specific game in the Database but not for PS2, but for Xbox or Wii or Gamecube or Windows or whatever... can I choose that Database entry or would this break some things in my library? Mean, when I choose the Gamecube Version, then some of the Artworks would still fit, some not... but most of the Datas are then already in the Database for me.

Hope you understand what I mean and can help me

Hi, i am just importing myself and had the same issue. I was trying to import Jade Empire PC, but the database is only showing the xbox version. What i did is choose that version, then at the side of that window where it says platform, that now said xbox, i just used the dropdown and changed it back to PC. So the game imported but has the xbox box art, of course you can always use google to replace that image after the fact. Hope that's what you meant and it's some help.

clear, but would this also break something? like later it will be a PS2 Database Information there, will then my information still pending on the Gamecube one? then I will not choose that option. else there has to be that question WHY can I choose that title from a different system?

When and if the game you are importing is added to the PS2 database, all you would do is edit that game and hit the little x next to the database id there and search again and it will pull the new PS2 metadata rather than whatever you originally used. It wont break anything at all, the game description will probably be the same regardless of console (it's the same game after all), so that will be correct regardless of the platform. Regarding why you can choose a different platform at all, well Launchbox will search for the game you are importing and prioritise the platform you are currently in, but if it draws a blank there it will offer up the other platforms as a backup essentially, you don't have to pick one but i personally do because as i said the description, number of players, release date etc should be the same across platforms. As long as you change that dropdown back to PS2 after picking a different version for the data it will import to your PS2 library, it will just have different box art, but as i said you can just google the PS2 box art and replace the version you have.

• Like 1