LaunchBox Community Forums

Metal Slug Playlists [WIP]

Metal Slug Playlists [WIP]

View File

Hello everyone, I have been trying to get these lists completed for a while now.  I had originally posted here in the collection section before the Playlist function was available.  But didn't have everything completed as far as accurate metadata and the games all being in the Games Database.  I have made 3 playlists for Metal Slug as some may not want more than the basic game list for what is out there.  

The first playlist is called:

Metal Slug Basic

Spoiler

- (12 games) This Playlist includes the original Arcade versions of the games as well as Metal Slug 7, the 1st and 2nd Missions for the Neo Geo Pocket, Metal Slug (3D) for PlayStation 2 and Advanced Metal Slug for Game Boy Advanced.

The second is called:
Metal Slug Complete

Spoiler

- (63 games)This Playlist includes all officially sanctioned Metal Slug games for all "known platforms".

There are still some Java (Symbian OS) games that I am trying to sort out and verify as well as foreign Android games that I have to add yet.

Also the official Soundtracks are there.  For completeness I have included games even if they may not be playable via LaunchBox.

The third is called:

Metal Slug Complete +

Spoiler

(WIP - currently 101 games) - This playlist includes all known authorized versions of Metal Slug (specifically if there is a US version that is the only one listed at the moment, if there is not a US version whatever region it does exist for is shown) plus all fan based games including Hacks, Flash, Mugen, Android, and others.  As well as clones or other games that look like and play like Metal Slug.

I also have been trying to in my spare time (which I don't have a lot of) come up with a worthy playlist image and playlist theme for Metal Slug.  If someone else wanted to, that would be OK and great.

The Metal Slug Complete + is a work in progress at the moment and will have updates, especially when I am able to add games to the Games DB that currently do not have a approved platform.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Patham said:

...I had no idea there was a Metal Slug 7. All this time I thought Metal Slug 6 was the last game in the series. :S

Excellent playlist!

I own this DS game, complete with box and it even comes with a mini promo disc and a shiny slip cover.  The clouds parted and the angels started singing when I picked it up from the shelf. :D

Did you know there was Contra 4 on the DS, too?  Gotta get two copies so you can play with a friend.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working a playlist video theme for Metal Vinnie's Black Box Collection, but I'd be happy to try making one for Metal Slug once I finish that one. I mocked up a couple of Metal Slug Collection Clear logos, too. If you like one over the other, I could use that one for the video. Or if you like neither, I can come up with something else :D

Metal Slug Collection.png

Metal Slug Collection 02.png

• Like 1

I'm working a playlist video theme for Metal Vinnie's Black Box Collection, but I'd be happy to try making one for Metal Slug once I finish that one. I mocked up a couple of Metal Slug Collection Clear logos, too. If you like one over the other, I could use that one for the video. Or if you like neither, I can come up with something else [emoji3]

5948900f3f6d1_MetalSlugCollection.thumb.png.9c2d1d2b58b80e32f92a597036b2fcb0.png

5948901671ed7_MetalSlugCollection02.thumb.png.09da64801762ea8db0571e506d5fe3c7.png

That looks great, I appreciate anything that anyone would be willing to do. [emoji2]

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk