LaunchBox Community Forums

The whole cache-related image content are reset! HELP

ww97

@SentaiBradI accidentally deleted the Cache folder which is in the folder "Images", and while "Cart", "Box" and "Screenshot" images are still exist in their following folders, LB is not recognizing them anymore! Is there a way except downloading this heaaaaaaaaaaaavy metadata again?

Edited by ww97

Deleting the Cache folder is no big deal, You can even delete it while LaunchBox is running. I've deleted mine on a number of occasions. LaunchBox creates a new Cache folder. If your images have not refreshed then select Tools and Refresh All Images.

2 minutes ago, spycat said:

Deleting the Cache folder is no big deal, You can even delete it while LaunchBox is running. I've deleted mine on a number of occasions. LaunchBox creates a new Cache folder. If your images have not refreshed then select Tools and Refresh All Images.

I say, suddenly the box arts alongside with carts and screenshots have been "faded" from launchbox screen (I don't say removed cuz they are still in the Images folder, but -maybe- not recognized by LB anymore.) I am nearly sure that this issue has a connection with cache. I also "Refresh"ed them all, but no effect.

I recently discovered something that I guess that relates to my issue. The Front Boxes (just an example) that I maunally added (Save As...) in "Box - Front" folder, did not automatically recognized by LB, and I should use "Add Image..." button again.

Edited by ww97

2 hours ago, ww97 said:

I recently discovered something that I guess that relates to my issue. The Front Boxes (just an example) that I maunally added (Save As...) in "Box - Front" folder, did not automatically recognized by LB, and I should use "Add Image..." button again.

Your images or roms will be named incorrectly. I just refreshed my Genesis collection to have matching front and back covers from 3 packages at emumovies, and launchbox had no problem linking them to my romset. Everything needs to be named in a No-Intro format.
 (Mega drive cases mixed with Genesis was shitting me hard)

It's more sound advice to name the rom correctly in no-intro style.

If you incorrectly name a rom and add some incorrectly names images sure it works when you hit refresh, but what happens next time your searching metadata on that platform and choose to look through the LB database for game info?

Games get scraped into whatever lb feels the game should be called and then downloads new images for said game.

If you don't name them correct then don't ever search for meta or backup and replace your xml for that platform each time

Best to name it what LB wants it so it won't be rescraped.

My dos collection has titles in it that are not in the LB data base, but I have images for all of them and they work. If I search LB DB for game info these get scraped into the closest thing LB can find and stuffs it all up. I end up with different named rom files being seen as the same game in LB ect.

You are teaching me the alphabets. I know that name rescraping. (e.g. Also, LB is not punctation or case sensitive for game title.) Hah.

I mean (probably) after that cache deleting, all box fronts and some other pics was disappeared from LB interface. The ones which had Box 3Ds showed it. I also "refreshed all" it. No effect. I today tried it with some PC games that aren't in LB DB, so I would save a single Box Front for each at Images\Windows\Box - Front. I am sure the filename is same as the name that I scraped in LB with it. But the picture file didn't auto-scrape.

Also, for the platforms that I scraped them witb another name, I am sure that I put them into the folder with new name. So this is also out.

• 1 month later...