LaunchBox Community Forums

Playlists in bigbox

arkraider34

Greetings. I plan on have a Platform called Top 50 Arcade Games. It'll basically be a subset of my Arcade Platform [my imported romset]. When I boot into Bigbox I want it nice and simple and just have the two options...the two Platforms This is not as easy as I hoped...not that I'm complaining as this post is just to highlight my way around this. I just created a second instance of MAME using a different romset version and imported these roms into my Top 50 Platform.  I couldn't see a way using Playlists to create the second Platform in such a way that it left the two Platform options only.  Anyway, I'm big into the Bigbox now.

15 hours ago, johnprobe said:

Greetings. I plan on have a Platform called Top 50 Arcade Games. It'll basically be a subset of my Arcade Platform [my imported romset]. When I boot into Bigbox I want it nice and simple and just have the two options...the two Platforms This is not as easy as I hoped...not that I'm complaining as this post is just to highlight my way around this. I just created a second instance of MAME using a different romset version and imported these roms into my Top 50 Platform.  I couldn't see a way using Playlists to create the second Platform in such a way that it left the two Platform options only.  Anyway, I'm big into the Bigbox now.

Edit the playlist inside of LaunchBox and on the first page of the Edit window in the bottom left is a checkbox that says "Include this Playlist with Platforms". Check that and it'll be listed with your other platform and you should have what you are looking for.