LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox keeps removing images from games.

abzorbal

For some reason launchbox keeps removing images from my game collection.

At first i notced a couple of covers missing so i downloaded them again manually, but today when i opened launchbox i noticed that the entire dreamcast collection is missing all the images.

It's frustrating to correct them manually every time i restart launchbox. Is there a fix or a way to automatically correct all missing artwork?

I have launchbox premium (if that matters)

Running Launchbox Version 7.11-beta-5

Any help will be appreciated guys!

It could either be a bug, but there are a few things we can check first. First, have you completely deleted the cache folder and reset it manually? Sometimes it can get corrupted. Second, did you change that platforms name at all recently? If you changed it, all of your images are still in the old platforms folder. You'll need to go in to the Image, Video, Music and Manuals folder, rename the old folder to the new platform name. Third, are the images still there in your images folder, assuming you didn't change the name? If they are still there and not displaying, it is most likely a cache issue, resetting it in LB or deleting the cache folder like I already mentioned should help. If they're not there at all, then it's also possible your hard drive could be failing as well. Running a quick HDD check and making sure it passes the tests would help a lot. I'm not saying it's not a bug, but there are a lot of potential reasons why this could have happened. I am leaning most towards the cache issue, unless you changed the platform name and not the folders.