LaunchBox Community Forums

Windows 7 & Xbox One Controller

laiden

I just recently purchased Launchbox(v7.10) and after hours of configuring I'm nearly to the point of being able to enjoy it. The only issue I have left is I cannot get Launchbox of Bigbox to recognize my controller(s). I'm using two Xbox One wireless controllers connecting with the USB adapter. All first party stuff. Everything else seems to see the controllers just fine, joy.cpl, various emulators, etc. Launchbox and Bigbox does not show anything under devices and checking the "Use All Attached Controllers" does nothing either. 

Oh and yes, Lauchbox does say premium and licensed to me at the top too.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, freshly installed one a new machine just for Launchbox. Intel i5, 16gb RAM, Geforce GTX 1050Ti, if any of that matters. And the controllers are of the bluetooth varieties though but as mentioned I'm using them with the wireless adapter since, apparently, Windows 7 is a nuisance to Microsoft it seems. 

I've spent time searching and anything that seems to remotely come close is either an open ended form topic or something about things will be tested, implemented or so... all over a year back or so.

I'm unsure if there is something special I need to do when going to premium that unlocks controller support or what exactly is the problem. Under device manager the controllers only show up as "HID-compliant game controller" even though joy.cpl has them as "Controller (Xbox One for Windows)" with a Status of OK.

Given that everything else seems to pick up on the controller(s) fine, I've no real choice but to ask here. I cannot seem to find any sort of log files, please let me know where I can find them and I'll supply whatever is needed.

Thanks for any help with the matter, it is much appreciated!

Does your controller show up in the Gamepad section of Launchbox ?59517d12ddc3a_2017-06-2617_29_33-.png.5eecee5501cfa7bf509bdc4034440324.pngI don't have any experience with an XBox One controller but I have had zero issues with my 360 controller or my Hori Fight Commander and wireless Logitech controllers.

Hopefully someone with an XBox One controller can provide some insight.

• Like 1

Thanks for the picture of how things are supposed to look. Because of that, i was able to figure it out. Where I went wrong was assuming the drivers that automatically downloaded when hooked up the controller was the actual proper drivers... of course they weren't. I had to track down the old xb1usb.11059.0.140526x64.msi driver, back before Microsoft implemented into the Windows Update catalog. Once I installed it and chose to update drivers on the HID compliant controller, it installed the XInput drivers and its fine now. Who knows with Windows installs... I've done hundreds, if not thousands and it seems every fourth or fifth install something completely oddball happens. 

Thanks for the help!

Edited by laiden

Yeah i am using a xbox one wireless controller with the wireless dongle and it works just fine. So for anyone discovering this later the drivers come as part of the Windows 10 OS so it should work out of the box. Any OS older will require a driver download to get working.