LaunchBox Community Forums

Can I cancel the online syn without undoing everything?

TheTabman

Basically, I want to do the synchronizing in a few steps, since the syncing seems to be very slow (network utilization always stays at zero %) and seemingly nothing  happened during the last 3 hours . 
And I'm wondering, will the online database will keep my so-far-uploaded data if I cancel the syncing?

To be honest with you i am actually not 100% sure if that actually works anymore. It was added when the database first launched here on the site, but saw very little use by users so hasn't been a priority for development. I will tag @Jason Carr here , he is the developer and will have far more information on this subject than i have.

Sorry i couldn't help you more.

The Syncing has nothing to do with the Database or getting your information there. It was meant to be a way for users to share their libraries and other planned features that were scraped very quickly, because a lot of users expressed their feelings of not wanting it. If you cancel it or unlink it, nothing happens to your LB install, nor anything related to the Database.

• Like 1