LaunchBox Community Forums

Total N00b seeking help.

AoOFury

Fist time n00b here seeking help on a rig able to play games up to PS1.

I have this idea in my head to create a "Console Arcade" where the computer for the arcade rests in the actual controller.  I would like the computer to run Launchbox and really nothing else to give it a total console feel.

The controller I have selected is below, (unless you guys have any further suggestions): https://shop.xgaming.com/collections/arcade-joysticks/products/x-arcade-tankstick-trackball-usb-included

What kind of computer would be necessary to run this? I also have an old Xbox 360 i would be willing to flash if i cant put a computer in the controller itself

Thanks for your help in advance

Welcome to the community AoOFury.

Firstly, You will not be able to fit a PC into an X-Arcade Tankstick, it's really for connecting to a PC that is connected to a display. As for putting LaunchBox on an old Xbox 360, unfortunately this is not possible as LaunchBox is a Windows only application.

Charco thank you!

Well darn I was hoping to fit like a pi in there (https://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-Model-A1-2GHz-64-bit-quad-core/dp/B01CD5VC92) do some soldering, load up windows, and  drill a few new holes.

Is there something out there that has 2 sticks i can put a Pi in? Or perhaps bolt/weld the Pi to the actual controller run a short usb to it and run the HDMI from the new console to a TV.

Thoughts?

Edited by AoOFury