LaunchBox Community Forums

How to mass edit box images

dita

Hello all,

New to this software and loving it so far.  One question I have is how do I mass edit box art on several roms at once.  For example, I`ve got several roms with no image downloaded.   I want to select all these and mass change the image to a picture of the machine/console it used for instead just a blank image.  The "bulk update" wizard doesn't seem to allow the changing of the image(s).   Do I have to manually edit it entry?  Thanks

Thanks but I tried that.  It starts the "wizard" to search for the meta-data, which in this case I`ve already done and it found none.  So I want to now manually add an image, for example a generic one, for all the roms with no box art.

@dita

you can add images into lb and it will match them as long as thry have the same name as the game listed in lb, they go in the lb directory/images/systemname/box front/

the db is a work in progress, its being added ro all the time, hopefully one day in the future it will be more complete

OK thanks.  I can do it that way.  I was looking for a generic picture if there was not a current picture available.  Eg If game X not found then use generic picture Y of the system in question.