LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade Cabinet Platform Banners

Arcade Cabinet Platform Banners

View File

This is a set of arcade cabinet images intended to be used as banners for arcade platforms or playlists in BigBox. To achieve the look from the example screenshot, I recommend using my corresponding Simple Arcade Clear Logos set along with keltoigael's CityHunter theme.

After being inspired by the arcade section of viking's Hardware Platform Set I set out to create some arcade cabinet images with a more retro look, like the dedicated cabinets of the mid to late eighties and early nineties. In most cases I used Williams Electronics' Defender as a template, adding the marquee, side art, bezel, control panel overlay, and gameplay images of a representative game from each developer to create an end look that in many cases is very similar to the original cabinets. In some cases I took more creative license, such as with Cave's DoDonpachi, and in others simply polished and modified existing images of iconic cabinets, including BurgerTimeCentipede, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Space Invaders, and the Neo Geo MVS system.

Platforms/Games:

• Arcade Classics: Cabal (TAD)
  • Arcade Shooters: Raiden (Seibu Kaihatsu)
  • Atari: Centipede
  • Capcom (non-CPS): 1943: The Battle of Midway
  • Capcom CPS-1: Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
  • Capcom CPS-2: Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
  • Capcom CPS-3: Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
  • Cave: DoDonpachi
  • Data East: BurgerTime
  • Irem: R-Type II
  • Jaleco: The Astyanax
  • Konami: Contra
  • Midway: Mortal Kombat II
  • Namco: Pac-Man
  • Neo Geo: Multiple
  • Nintendo: Donkey Kong
  • Sega: Golden Axe
  • SNK (non-Neo Geo): Ikari Warriors
  • Taito: Space Invaders
  • Technos: Double Dragon
  • Tecmo: Rygar
  • Toaplan: Twin Cobra
  • Williams: Defender

Installation instructions:

• Unzip archive.
  • In LaunchBox, right-click on desired arcade platform or playlist, then click "Edit."
  • In the "Images" area on the right hand side, click "Add Image" and browse to the desired banner image.
  • Once the banner image has been added, right-click the banner image, select "Image Type," then "Banner."
  • In the "Notes" tab, copy and paste the platform text from "Platform Descriptions.txt" into the editable text field.
  • Click "OK" to confirm changes.