LaunchBox Community Forums

Merge Game Sets (Goodxxxx)

dita

Hope someone can help on this one, but I suppose its not really a big issue (yet), just curious on how it is handled.

I have a full "Goodsms" rom set. Each file is  a 7z zip file, but each one of those can hold various roms.  For example, Enduro racer has 4 files contained within it.  The (J) , the good (!) and two others, (b1) and (T+Ba).  If I right click on the game entry in launch box, I just get the option to play.  Game then launches, using the setup in retroarch.  Should I have the option to play any of these 4 roms?  or it that something handled at the emulator stage?  I vaguely remember trying something in snes9x and that asked me which ROM to use.  I`ve since tried using only retroarch as the "go to" emulator at the moment

Yes, this is an emulator level thing.

My 2 cents, avoid GoodSets and stick with No-Intro. Just way too much garbage to sift through with GoodSets. I made the mistake of using a TurboGrafx GoodSet way back when I started collecting, that was the last time I even looked at a GoodSet.

Thanks, it appeals to my OCD but I`m never going to see/use 99% of them!  So I think you`re probably right,  What about the Tosec sets? would you say that creates a similar problem to that of the Goodsets?

I honestly have zero experience with the Tosec stuff so I cannot say anything about it. I've heard of it and I know it exists but beyond that I can't say anything. But yeah if it's following the same philosophy as GoodSets which is to collect everything possible then it's going to become a mess.