LaunchBox Community Forums

Morris95

Hello everyone, my question is simple. Does anyone out there know how to set up mame in retroarch? I've tried a few things but hit or miss. I used to have a old retroarch set up with the mame files for version 139 in the systems folder inside of retroarch. It worked pretty good for the most part but a few roms seemed to be tricky. If possible I would like all mame roms from the complete set that i have now (.149 all roms bios chd's) to work in mame 2014 or 2016 in retroarch. The simple universal control system in retroarch is awesome, not to meintion for me the analog button to exit or to menu are features of retroarch i would like to use.

2017-07-24.png

2017-07-24.png

2017-07-24 (2).png

There really isn't a whole lot to setup using Mame through Retroarch. Just set your associated platforms for each "arcade platform" to use Retroarch and the command line parameter to point to the core you want to use.

Though to be perfectly honest the Mame cores prior to the latest core are hit and miss on their quality, there have been bugs with them in the past.